I have used MBAM with MBAE before. And every application I open I get a popup from MBAE that it really protects my applications I use.

I installed MBAM 3.0 and can't find any popups about that the application is protected by MBAE.

I really want this back. Now I'm unsure if MBAE works at all.

MBAE is now included in MBAM.  Look in Settings > Real-Time Protection.  The Anti-Exploit settings are there.

Ah...got it.  The settings are in Settings > Notifications, IF (a big if) the MBAE-like notification was carried over into 3.0.  That I don't know.  The product manager (who will likely read this) could speak to that aspect.

Hello--

That MBAE setting to display a tooltip showing applications are protected was not included in Malwarebytes 3.0 due to the fact that there were numerous requests to have it off by default in MBAE.  It's possible that we may add it in to Malwarebytes 3.0 down the road for those who want to see the notices.  :)