inkoalawetrust

Profile editing

Only members part of certain usergroups or having reached certain criteria are allowed to edit their profiles. @AdvancedSetup could tell you more about it.

I don't remember the exact post count but most members that are here and truly helping out and not just here to goof off or waste people's time can edit post pretty quickly. As for banners, pics, etc. that too can be changed, but I've been doing computer support now for over 20 years and have been a member of quite a few forums over those years and have never had signatures, banners, etc. The only reason I have what I have now is that the company wants us to have a staff signature to ensure members know we're employees. The fewer images I have to scroll through to help someone, the better for me. We typically never really had anyone abuse it but I've been on some forums that don't manage or prohibit in any way, and you have a huge long page of images and maybe three message on the whole page. I normally don't stay with forums like that very long. We have Facebook for stuff like that. But that's me and everyone's different.

As long as you're not spamming or posting frivolous stuff and not posting to old messages, you'll be good pretty quickly. If so we'll remove those posts.

Thanks

I still cant edit things that i wrote that are about me in my own profile lol so I guess it will take a few years to get there :) Just out of interest how longs does it take before say me can edit my own profile again as I used to be able to please? I just tried but can't still maybe i did something wrong?

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Enable

I cant edit things on my profile. This is not correct.

Hi @Bitterman

As the above mentions. We do have certain features disabled for users with low post count as it helps to cut down on the spammer account. Last week we're having about 300 spammer accounts a day, so as you can see we're pretty busy removing them even with the added security measures in place. You have 9 posts in 7 years so I would guess you don't visit too often to increase your count to a level that does allow editing. The software is group based not user based so we don't have a way to allow just you to edit. That is what the post count is for.

If there is a specific setting that is off I can look at enabling it for you if you like

Thank you

Ron

That I have not been here since 2012 until recently is a good thing it means last time I had serious software conflicts issues with malwarebytes was 5-6 years ago. I tried changing so I could see who if any had visited my profile.

Since last two days the mbam system tray icon is missing. It is not in the startup list. I uninstalled an reinstalled after the use all ram memory freeze pc episode. Everything was fine but now the tray icon is missing. mbam is running and after 3-4 attempts the dashboard comes up saying everything is good. I have to do a clean untinstall and reinstall again? I have win8.1

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

3 hours ago, Bitterman said:

I have to do a clean untinstall and reinstall again?

With all those other security products installed (overkill) it can be conflicting with MB. But a good step would be the clean install.

Download and run MB-CLEAN

• Download MB-CLEAN
  • Close all open applications
  • Double-click and run mb-clean-3.1.0.1031.exe
  • A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear: click Yes
    • Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process
  • Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes - will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3
    • No - will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (not recommended)
      • We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).
  • Upon reboot, a prompt will appear: click Yes
    • Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3
    • No - will exit the utility and Malwarebytes 3 will not be downloaded, reinstalled or re-activated (not recommended)

If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3  

As I know its because, it increases website load time and if you upload a avatar, Image size again will effect website speed. This is what I think. Others opinion can be differ from me & I respect everyone's view.