beta 3 bugged install

So I installed the Malwarebytes 3 beta 3, today I uninstalled it (to move to the stable branch), installing the stable version it fails and is unable to unpack mbae64.sys in C:\Windows\System32\drivers. I went to the folder and tried to delete mbae64.sys and it didn't let me saying that it is used by another process? I uninstalled malwarebytes....

I had this issue during beta testing.

If you are experienced with editing the Windows Registry, and you can restore it if something goes wrong ...

Uninstall all Malwarebytes products
Restart
Start RegEdit
Locate each incidence (I only had one) of the Registry key "ESProtectionDriver", delete the key. You can find it by searching for mbae64.sys (or mbae.sys for 32 bit systems)
Restart and install Malwarebytes 3.

Acknowledgement to share3141

22 hours ago, John A said:

I had this issue during beta testing.

If you are experienced with editing the Windows Registry, and you can restore it if something goes wrong ...

Uninstall all Malwarebytes products
Restart
Start RegEdit
Locate each incidence (I only had one) of the Registry key "ESProtectionDriver", delete the key. You can find it by searching for mbae64.sys (or mbae.sys for 32 bit systems)
Restart and install Malwarebytes 3.

Acknowledgement to share3141

Thanks a lot! Restarted > BSOD > Restarted again > Works!

23 hours ago, Aura said:

Hi Hawaii_Beach :)

By "stable version", do you mean the Malwarebytes 3.0 version that was released officially? Are you running the installer with Admin Rights (right-click, Run as Administrator)?

Yes, and ofc I'm running this as admin??