not fully protected

Hey Rich, I'm glad that I'm not alone in this. The odd part for me; is that MB is turning part of it's protection off...."All by itself". I set it to on and then a hour later....bam, pop up and go check...it's the ransomware protection that's turned off. Crazy. And it's a known issue in the BETA that made it's way into the GR.....even crazier!  

• Staff

I'm hearing what seems to be 2 different problems here. 

1.  How many of you are seeing the Anti-Ransomware turn itself off at some point?

2. How many of you are just referring to the Notification that pops up when you boot up, that says Real Time Protection is not on yet?

14 minutes ago, Ried said:

I'm hearing what seems to be 2 different problems here. 

1.  How many of you are seeing the Anti-Ransomware turn itself off at some point?

2. How many of you are just referring to the Notification that pops up when you boot up, that says Real Time Protection is not on yet?

The Real Time Protection popup is my problem too...

• Staff

Okay, - that is a known issue and as long as the Real Time Protection is really on, you can disregard the notification. I realize it's quite annoying - but they are aware of this. I'll quote from the Known Issues topic https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/191805-malwarebytes-30-known-issues/

Occasionally, after installing, the user will see a “protection layer is off” warning while the protection is being or has already been automatically turned on.

@Ried I have this pop ups now for a few days, but only the first time that the pop came ( at start up of my computer a few days ago) it was that I saw the anti ransomware was turned off and I turned it on, but that is only that one time and after that 1 time not been happened again. But the pop ups ceep 

show up  at the beginning of every scheduled scan as it seems. 

16 minutes ago, Ried said:

By any chance does that notification that you're seeing at the beginning of a scheduled scan, seem to pop up while its in the 'Checking for Updates' portion of the Scan?

Yes, it seems to pop up in the "Checking for Updates" portion of the Scan. 

• Staff

Thanks. What I believe is happening, is an update was downloaded and applied to the Update Package. To do that, Malwarebytes has to temporarily stop the Real Time Protection to load the new package - then re-start the protection. This all happens within milliseconds. I think that's why you are seeing that notification with the scan.  Malwarebytes is updated several times a day so depending on how often you scan, and the frequency of the Check for Updates is set - there are updates available that need to be integrated when it's time for your Scheduled Scan.