MB 3.0 will not update nor scan

Win 7 x64, running Bitdefender Free

I upgraded from MB Premium to the new 3.0 Premium yesterday.  After 3-4 successful scans, it started hanging on Updates and stays in the Checking mode.  Scans will start, but cancel immediately.  Malware Protection in Real Time Protection now will not toggle ON. It stays in "starting" mode and after a time, just goes back to Off.  The Dashboard says I'm not fully protected.  No kidding. Here are 4 files that might be helpful.  Thank you.   I need help.  I have done two complete uninstalls and reinstalls to no avail.

Addition.txt

Cancelled Scan Report.txt

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

FRST.txt

Hello, pmcjr--

Thank you for providing these logs - sorry you're running into issues.

I know you said you uninstalled / reinstalled, but can you please try rebooting today?  We made some changes late last night and a reboot may help correct at least some of the issues you're seeing.

Please let me know how it goes.

Becky, yes, a reboot worked!  I am thrilled to be "protected" again.  I just performed an update and a scan and both worked properly.  Also, Malware Protection Real Time is ON.  I knew if I got this word out, I emailed customer service (Guenter asked for the files you mentioned above), posted on your FB page, and finally this Forum.  I knew a software fix was needed and you did it.  I remain a loyal Malwarebytes customer and fan. Thank you again.

On 12/10/2016 at 9:39 AM, pmcjr said:

Becky, yes, a reboot worked!  I am thrilled to be "protected" again.  I just performed an update and a scan and both worked properly.  Also, Malware Protection Real Time is ON.  I knew if I got this word out, I emailed customer service (Guenter asked for the files you mentioned above), posted on your FB page, and finally this Forum.  I knew a software fix was needed and you did it.  I remain a loyal Malwarebytes customer and fan. Thank you again.

Updates and scans are working to completion now, but there is a new problem...scans are not starting according to schedule set in Settings.  I must do a manual scan.  I believe my schedule is set correctly, it just is not working.  Is this a MBAM problem or user error on my part?

I had no issues with updating, but I can't scan at all. Checks for definitions and then during pre-scan phase it cancels itself. Log file says it failed to load definitions. I am also on Windows 7 x64. Have done multiple clean installs and reboots to no avail. I've turned off the trial so I can't comment on the premium features. I know that before I turned it off, I was unable to activate malware protection. The other three modules were all turned on. Very buggy release.

On 12/10/2016 at 9:39 AM, pmcjr said:

Updates and scans are working to completion now, but there is a new problem...scans are not starting according to schedule set in Settings.  I must do a manual scan.  I believe my schedule is set correctly, it just is not working.  Is this a MBAM problem or user error on my part?

Thank you for seeing my post and responding to my scheduled scan problem not running according to the schedule.  I have set several different schedules with the same result.  Here are the two items you asked for.  On this schedule, a scan did run at 7:00 am as schedule, but has not repeated since.  It was on an hourly schedule.

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

scan schedule.PNG

FYI, the Dashboard shows the next scheduled Scan for whatever time it should happen according to the schedule, but it doesn't happen and there is no record of it in Reports.  The current schedule was to start a 7:00 am and then every hour after that.  It did run at 7:00am but none after that.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, bdubrow said:

Hello, again--

Are you running on Windows PE?  If so, unfortunately this is not supported by Malwarebytes 3.0 at this time.

I am standard Win7 x64.  The problem is still present. If you look at the Dashboard it shows the Next Scheduled Scan to be what it should be according to my hourly schedule, eg, right now it shows that to be 2:00 PM, but according to the Report log, there is no indication that it nor the previous hourly scans ever happened.  I suppose I could track Time to Complete Scans in the Scan Summary, but I haven't done that.  That could be an indication that different scans are happening.  I take it my Schedule screenshot showed a correctly set schedule?  Right now until I learn whether or not these scans are happening, I am running manual scans 2-3 times a day.  Thank you for helping me.

There's nothing wrong with the way your scan is configured currently, though most users typically don't need a scan hourly.  Daily threat scans usually suffice, especially with the real-time protection enabled.  :)

Can you confirm whether you're connected to the internet when you attempt to scan?  The logs showed that the pre-scan update could not happen and it appears there is no connection.  Now, this can either mean you're offline or possibly there is some other software / firewall / etc. interfering with your update attempts.  

Let me know if you're online, and if so, are you able to manually check for updates from the main dashboard? 

54 minutes ago, bdubrow said:

There's nothing wrong with the way your scan is configured currently, though most users typically don't need a scan hourly.  Daily threat scans usually suffice, especially with the real-time protection enabled.  :)

Can you confirm whether you're connected to the internet when you attempt to scan?  The logs showed that the pre-scan update could not happen and it appears there is no connection.  Now, this can either mean you're offline or possibly there is some other software / firewall / etc. interfering with your update attempts.  

Let me know if you're online, and if so, are you able to manually check for updates from the main dashboard? 

I am always on line via high speed broadband.  The PC is asleep from 10pm to 6am.  The first scan is scheduled for 7 am when I am using the computer and checking various items. That initial scan does not initiate, so I will do a manual scan after that 7am scan fails to run.  The manual scans work to include pre-scan updates and I am able to manually check for updates as well.  The problem I first reported last week was a failure to complete updates and/or scans.  Both would fail immediately.  This was fixed with your fix  one night late last week. You asked me to then reboot and all seemed well until I learned the scheduled scans were not happening.  That seems to be the only remaining problem as I am able to do a manual scan and updates...both manual updates and prescan.  I don't know how far back you are looking in the logs but if they are pre-fix late last week, then they would show update and scan failures.  From Dec. 10 to present, they should show completed updates and scans.  Per your advice, I will now adjust my schedule to a daily threat scan and see if that as any effect.  Other software or firewall has never interfered with MBAM until the 3.0 update. Thank you for helping me.

Ok, let's try completely deleting the old scheduled scan and then creating a brand new one by clicking the Add button on Scan Schedule page.  Just to keep things very clean.  

Then let us know how it goes with the new daily scan.

If the time for the scan passes and you still aren't seeing the correct Last Scan date on the dashboard (assuming no manual scans after scheduled scan was supposed to run) and you still don't see a Scan Log in the Reports area, please attach a new Service Log.

15 minutes ago, bdubrow said:

Ok, let's try completely deleting the old scheduled scan and then creating a brand new one by clicking the Add button on Scan Schedule page.  Just to keep things very clean.  

Then let us know how it goes with the new daily scan.

If the time for the scan passes and you still aren't seeing the correct Last Scan date on the dashboard (assuming no manual scans after scheduled scan was supposed to run) and you still don't see a Scan Log in the Reports area, please attach a new Service Log.

You're great!  Will do.  I'll know at 6:30 tomorrow morning.

14 hours ago, pmcjr said:

You're great!  Will do.  I'll know at 6:30 tomorrow morning.

At your suggestion, I deleted the hourly scheduled scans schedule and added a new daily scan for 6:30AM.  Today being the first day....IT RAN AS SCHEDULED.  The scan is reflected in the Dashboard>Scan and Reports and it shows the next scheduled scan to be Dec. 15 at 6:30am as it should so.  I will monitor this over the next few days to see if it continues to work or if something mysteriously breaks.  Thank you very much for helping me.

On 12/14/2016 at 7:48 AM, bdubrow said:

That's great news!  Definitely let us know if you see any other odd behavior.

And you're very welcome.  :)

Becky....quick update.  Since switching my scan schedule to once a day, 3.0 has gone 5 days without a glitch.  You'll remember the problem of missing scheduled scans was when the schedule was set for hourly scans, 3.0 may still have a problem with hourly schedules, but I'll leave that to you.  Regards and thank you.

17 hours ago, bdubrow said:

Thank you for confirming, pmcjr!  Good to hear.  

And we're already looking into the Hourly issue.  

Becky, I hate to have to bring this up, but after six days of successful daily schedule scanning, this morning's scan would not initiate and failed immediately at the 6:30AM start time. A manual scan also failed.  I deleted the schedule and "added" a new daily scan schedule and tried another manual scan.  It also failed.  The Dashboard shows all Protection as ON.  I've attached a new service log.  We're back to the old problem.  New suggestions?

MBAMSERVICE.LOG