Auto Update to Malwarebytes 3.0

I have been following the beta's progress with interest and was surprised to see the Beta 3 reach General Availability, considering the number and nature of issues users are encountering.

I don't wish to try it yet until more issues are addressed, and will advise friends and family accordingly.

My question is will any of the pre-Malwarebytes 3.0 versions of Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware or Anti-Malware attempt to update to Malwarebytes 3.0?

If that is likely, I'd rather take steps to prevent it until I am ready to deal with my machines individually and have confidence it will cause no issues.

Many thanks.

Hi Aura,

Thanks for the swift reply. Will there be a post on the forums to notify users before the auto-upgrade stage is reached?

I have run betas of MBAM, MBAE and MBARW on production systems many times, largely without issue, so previously I had confidence that when Malwarebytes software left beta it was ready and more or less issue free. However, the forums give more of an impression of Malwarebytes 3.0 as software that is a couple of betas short of General Availability.

They usually do not announce when they will start pushing out the auto-updates.

If you want to prevent your version 2 from downloading and notifying you about the program update (this way you can install it when your ready) do the steps below.

1. Open Malwarebytes V2
  2. Go To Settings Tab
  3. Remove the Check Mark under Check for program updates when checking for database updates

That will prevent the auto update until you manually go and install it yourself

Thanks Firefox,

Will all of MBAM, MBAE and MBARW potentially auto-update to Malwarebytes 3.0?

I know there's a setting for MBAM and MBAE, but haven't used MBARW in a while, so can't remember if that has a setting too.

Also, if I may ask a further question, has any compatibility testing been done between Malwarebytes 3.0 and other non-AV solutions such as WinPatrol WAR, WinPatrol Firewall, Zemana Anti-Logger, PerfectGuard or CryptoPrevent, for example?