Windows defender

Hi rcw1962,

As far as I know windows defender is free, so I have some difficulty underdstanding the 'on offer' of your post. Since MBAM should work well with windows defender and windows defender is freeware, I see no reason (except reducing system load) to uninstall either. That said, according to what I read you should be fine without windows defender as well.

In short, you don't need it, but I see no reason to remove it either.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Durew

Microsoft Windows Defender in its latest incarnation on Windows 10 at least is very lightweight. Even more so than most third party solutions. There isn't any harm leaving it on alongside Malwarebytes, as it includes Microsoft's list of possibly dangerous applications, which may differ to that of Malwarebytes. I use Kaspersky alongside Malwarebytes for this reason, as I believe two layers of protection is going to be much better than having a slightly faster computer.