Real time protection turned off

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ried said:

When you say it comes up hourly during the day - that should not be happening.  Then next time that pops up. can you open Malwarebytes and get me a screen shot of that message along with the Dashboard of Malwarebytes?

Makes me think it is happening every time it searches for definition updates....

I am getting pretty close to uninstalling 3.0 and rolling back to the previous version. This 3.0 update is clearly an unfinished product. :(

Under Settings > Protection > Exploit Protection: > Manage Protected Applications, The Remove option is grayed out. This means there is a bunch of protection to programs we may not have installed. The Edit button is grayed out too.

@Reid - where do you want these issues reported and logs posted? The thread showing issues, and the thread on how to report and new issue are both locked and neither gives reporting instructions.

It would be good if Becky edited her post here with specific instructions. For example,

7. Start a new thread in the Malwarebytes 3.0 forum.

8.  A copy of the contents of C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs in a ZIP file (attach to post).

Edited by Digerati

23 minutes ago, Ried said:

@cararta Can you get a screen shot of it showing Green dot and it Off?  Also, as outlined here

Can you please attach a copy of the MBAMService.log located in the following folder?
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders.

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

Recording #129.mp4

44 minutes ago, ingber said:

.. just started acting up on one of my Thinkpads Windows x64 Pro ...

In my case, this was not a case of MBAM mis-reporting.  In fact, it started up with Malware Protection OFF -- even though I had NOT turned if off before!

I attach my log file.

Lester

MBAMSERVICE.7z

I tried several things to correct the POP UP

finally uninstalled the 3.0.4 version

downloaded the cleaner and used.   reinstalled the 3.0.4 version, but it wouldn't take

my key and Id   so  ended up installing the free

and working my way back up as the free accepted the premium lifetime  key and id

problem seems to be solved

NO Orange POP UP    and

protective services seem to be working. 
(was going to say Trump..but might get banned?)