Malwarebytes 3.0 and Anti-Exploit

I installed Malwarebytes 3.0 over Malwarebytes 2.0, Anti-Exploit and the beta of AntiRansomware.  It loaded, I updated definitions and ran a scan.  Worked beautifully.  I rebooted the computer, and when Malwarebytes was fully reloaded there was a message that said exploit protection was off.  Asked if I wanted to fix it.  When I looked at the dashboard settings, I toggled the exploit protection to be on (it was off).  It then said it was "starting," but it never loaded.  Not after 3 tries.  Any suggestions about making this work and helping me get rid of the little red mark on the Malwarebytes tray icon?

Now the main screen to Malwarebytes when it first loads says, "Awesome! You're protected,"  And the Real Time Protection area notes that all protection, including Exploit protection is on and active.  But that little red mark on the Malwarebytes tray icon is still there, and is still says there that Exploit protection is off.  I believe that protection is actually on, but I really don't like that little red mark on the tray icon.  I hope someone here can tell me how to fix this.  Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

If you installed v3 over v2 with MBAE and MBAR present, the v3 installer would not have cleaned those up and your red mark may be related to v2 artifiacts.(this happened to me).

I would recommend you uninstall v3, v2, MBAE, MBAR and then use the v2 clean install tool 2x. After all that reinstall v3. 

NOTE: Before uninstalling v3, deactivate your license (if you gave one), then proceed with uninstalling all.