MBAM Free 3.0 Removes Anti-Exploit

So by installing MBAM 3.0 Free, I completely lose the protection of MBAE seeing as it is removed during installation and expires anyway after 14 days according to the website.

Am I able to re-install MBAE after installing MBAM 3.0 Free and will it give me back such protection ongoing ?

2 minutes ago, BlueFin said:

So by installing MBAM 3.0 Free, I completely lose the protection of MBAE seeing as it is removed during installation and expires anyway after 14 days according to the website.

Am I able to re-install MBAE after installing MBAM 3.0 Free and will it give me back such protection ongoing ?

It's supposed to do that as stated @ this link. MBAM 3.0 removes MBAE, MBAR Beta, & MBAM 2.? & upgrade them all to MBAM 3.0.

Yes, but my point is that it appears I will lose the Free protection of Anti-Exploit by moving to MBAM 3.0 due to the fact that it removes the existing free product, then the protection of the internal Anti-Exploit expires with 14 days, thus leaving one un-protected.

That is unacceptable to me, so I either stay with the existing version, or move on to another product.

I would be tempted to say that you should be able to install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free, is you use Malwarebytes 3.0 Free, since the Anti-Exploit module is disabled and therefore it shouldn't conflict. However, I might be wrong as having two set of Anti-Exploit drivers installed, etc. could cause issues.

55 minutes ago, BlueFin said:

Yes, but my point is that it appears I will lose the Free protection of Anti-Exploit by moving to MBAM 3.0 due to the fact that it removes the existing free product, then the protection of the internal Anti-Exploit expires with 14 days, thus leaving one un-protected.

That is unacceptable to me, so I either stay with the existing version, or move on to another product.

Well if you have the $$$$$, buy the MBAM Premium License & you will have the Anti-Exploit Protection w/in MBAM along w/ Anti-Ransomware, Anti-Malware, & Web Protection in one product.:D 

On 12/8/2016 at 8:14 PM, Aura said:

I would be tempted to say that you should be able to install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free, is you use Malwarebytes 3.0 Free, since the Anti-Exploit module is disabled and therefore it shouldn't conflict. However, I might be wrong as having two set of Anti-Exploit drivers installed, etc. could cause issues.

Yes, that's exactly what you'd need to do, however do keep in mind that as of the launch of Malwarebytes 3.0 our standalone Anti-Exploit tool is now in perpetual beta, to be used for testing purposes for changes made to it prior to integrating those changes (once stable) into Malwarebytes 3.0.