MBAM 3 Hangs On Heuristic Analysis

I just installed MBAM 3.0.4 on my Wndows 10 Pro x64.  I also have Bitdefender 2017 Total Security installed and active.  Twice I have tried, rebooting in between, to scan my computer with MBAM.  It stalls on scanned item 394,179.  "Pause"/"Resume" buttons work, but pressing "Cancel" does not cancel the scan, and then the "Cancel" button is greyed out.  Clicking the "X" at the top right does successfully close the program, which then reported a successful scan the first time, but when the program was relaunched after the second time, it was continuing to scan.

Any ideas?

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Further update.  I have just installed MBAM 3.0.4 on my Dell XPS 1645 laptop.  It too is running Windows Pro x64 and has Bitdefender 2017 Total Security installed.  The new MBAM install went well and the Heuristics scan did not hang.  The Dell was scanned successfully.  So it is apparently not a BDTS2017 issue.

What was interesting was that both computers had Anti-Exploit Premium installed.  In both cases, even though my MBAM Premium subscriptions were separate life-time licences for both computers, the licence key that MBAM 3.0.4 imported was, I am guessing, my MBAE Premium licence key for both computers.  I can't confirm because I was astonished to see an "auto renewal" in my account, so I went and found my original MBAM Premium lifetime licence keys and IDs, and did a "Change Licence", which was accepted and now My Account indicates that my MBAM licence "Never expires."

Also, on the my main computer, a Maingear Shift, MBAM got stuck this morning on checking for updates.  I had to reboot the computer to stop that, and then it was fine, except for hanging on the Heuristics Scan, this time at Item 394,214, instead of 394,179.

I will be happy to provide any required logs.  Thank you and have a great day.  By the way, I really like the new interface.

Regards,
-Phil

I have the same problem. I have two computers, with Avast in both and in a the analysis ended correctly, but in the other not ends and to the start Malwarebytes, to the press in the option of analyze, the analysis begins again automatically.

Furthermore in the Malwarebytes ProgramData folder, there are a series of files that are created every day, which are n the attached image, which not is if it is normal

MBAMSERVICE.zip

Sin título.png

Just an update.  On both computers, checking for updates goes on endlessly, on a sporadic basis.  One has to reboot to stop the checking for updates, and when rebooted, MBAM tells you that the definitions are "Current."  If you manually request an update, it flashes quickly from "Checking for updates" to "Current".

One other item of note: on the computer where the Heuristics scan hangs and I have to exit out, when relaunched, MBAM shows the last scan time correctly (the time of the "hung" scan), but "Items Scanned" shows '0".

Miguelgrado, I have some similar files to yours in that folder, but not that many.

I hope you guys and gals survive the next week or so.  I see LATE hours in your immediate future.

The good news is that you will all laugh at this when the coding gets corrected and you get to where you are going.  It is a massive undertaking; and, with such a complex product, there was bound to be lots of issues surface when the app started being tested in the real world on so many different platforms.  Keep the faith.  I am rooting for you.  If you need anything from me, just ask.

Have a great day, despite the firestorm; and, thank you for your untiring efforts to make cyberspace a safer place for us all. :)

Regards,
-Phil

2 minutes ago, garioch7 said:

Just an update.  On both computers, checking for updates goes on endlessly, on a sporadic basis.  One has to reboot to stop the checking for updates, and when rebooted, MBAM tells you that the definitions are "Current."  If you manually request an update, it flashes quickly from "Checking for updates" to "Current".

One other item of note: on the computer where the Heuristics scan hangs and I have to exit out, when relaunched, MBAM shows the last scan time correctly (the time of the "hung" scan), but "Items Scanned" shows '0".

Miguelgrado, I have some similar files to yours in that folder, but not that many.

I hope you guys and gals survive the next week or so.  I see LATE hours in your immediate future.

The good news is that you will all laugh at this when the coding gets corrected and you get to where you are going.  It is a massive undertaking; and, with such a complex product, there was bound to be lots of issues surface when the app started being tested in the real world on so many different platforms.  Keep the faith.  I am rooting for you.  If you need anything from me, just ask.

Have a great day, despite the firestorm; and, thank you for your untiring efforts to make cyberspace a safer place for us all. :)

Regards,
-Phil

Hey! I have the same problem too with the updates. I just made a new topic about that. I am glad everyone is going through the same things as me. Hopefully it is easier to fix that way.

THIS SHOULD BE LISTED AS KNOWN ISSUES IN MALWAREBYTES 3.0

As I those files that are in the picture, only to have them in the pc that gives problems, on the other are not.
Now I did a clean install and those files were created, but also to analyze, analysis starts automatically again and not give me option to choose the type.

The installation clean the realize removed key of the registry and folders waste

• 2 weeks later...