Jump to content

MB3 GUI does not launch


Recommended Posts

  • Staff

Hello IdefixPC,

Please attach the MBAMSERVICE.log. It's located in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

You'll need to be able to view hidden folder to locate it. If you aren't sure how to do that, what version of Windows is this machine?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Ried

Thanks.

Another issue, with MB3 installed my PC did not shut down and I have to "push the button", so yesterday I have uninstalled MB3.

This morning I reinstall it and the same problems are continuing.

I will send you the log but I cannot find it ?

MB3.PNG

Also I'm running Avast Internet Security together MBAM but I tried to disable all Avast agents and there is no change.

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/12/2016 at 7:06 PM, Ried said:

Hello IdefixPC,

Please attach the MBAMSERVICE.log. It's located in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

You'll need to be able to view hidden folder to locate it. If you aren't sure how to do that, what version of Windows is this machine?

Hello @Ried, Can I expect an help ? Otherwise I will have to uninstall MB3 and come back to MBAM2:(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,
I am extremely disappointed with this final release. It does not work on my PC and I cannot get any help:(

I think this version is not much than a beta and is only a lure for consumers and that allows Malwarebytes team to experiment their product with a lot of users and collect the issues:angry:
Thanks Malwarebytes;)
After this trickery I decided to go elsewhere.:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same missing tray icon issue. Reinstalling Malwarebytes brought it back for a day, but then it went missing again. For now, I just wait until a fix is released. Also, refresh your services list. Even though it says that the service is stopped, your error message says that another instance is running, so refreshing the list might change the status. If not, check if the Malwarebytes Service process is running. If it is, kill it, and try to start the service again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Aura said:

I have the same missing tray icon issue. Reinstalling Malwarebytes brought it back for a day, but then it went missing again. For now, I just wait until a fix is released. Also, refresh your services list. Even though it says that the service is stopped, your error message says that another instance is running, so refreshing the list might change the status. If not, check if the Malwarebytes Service process is running. If it is, kill it, and try to start the service again.

Hello Aura,

I'm very disapppointed but I like Malwarebytes very much:)

So I will reinstall MBAM2 with MBAE and wait for a better release of MB3;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Staff

IdefixPC, I'd like to gather more information regarding what is running on this machine that may be causing the service to take too long to close down, then re-open.

This next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open — DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will save 2 logs  in the same directory the tool was run from.  Please attach the following logs:

Addition.txt

FRST.txt 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Thank you - after seeing Avast Internet Security installed, that would have been my suggestion - delay Malwarebytes start for a short bit so the 2 of them stop fighting to be the first to load up. :)

Something else you may want to try, but I'm not sure if it will make any difference, add these files to Avast exclusions list

 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ried said:

Thank you - after seeing Avast Internet Security installed, that would have been my suggestion - delay Malwarebytes start for a short bit so the 2 of them stop fighting to be the first to load up. :)

Something else you may want to try, but I'm not sure if it will make any difference, add these files to Avast exclusions list

 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Thanks @Ried

I have read on the forum that this exclusions are useful but I cannot find it, so I had yet excluded the following folders:

MB3start2.PNG

So I will go to delay MB3 start. How much long do you think ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ried said:

I would test it out in increments. You already set it to 15 seconds, so delay it a bit more to 30 seconds and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks, I remember that that yesterday with 15 seconds my PC shut down and start well, I'm on remote access, so I cannot try to stop and start this PC before tomorrow.:)

MB GUI is another issue for me:(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.