Micr$oft Edge & Insider Preview Build WIN10

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got build 15058.0

All is well.  This seems very nearly the release or near-release Redstone 2.   There is no watermark on the desktop and no expiration date when looking at Winver.

Running with Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469  with component update package 1.0.75.

18 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Just got build 15058.0

All is well.  This seems very nearly the release or near-release Redstone 2.   There is no watermark on the desktop and no expiration date when looking at Winver.

Running with Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469  with component update package 1.0.75.

Insider build 15060 is out today.

Noticing that MB protections don't turn on sometimes on a boot.

Just do a LOGOFF  ( from  the Start menu) and then click the power icon.   Then Restart.   This all just takes a few minutes.

This is a one time procedure suggestion.  Then lets see how it goes on this box.

I've rarely had issues issues while having Windows Defender.   I am assuming your box has no other security-type-add-on monitor.   (other than Win Defender).

4 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

That's good to hear.

By the way, I got preview build 15060.0   yesterday.   Doing fine.   suprisingly the MS watermark is back , as is the May 15 expiration for the preview.

After getting build 15061 on the 1st boot it popped up that Real Time Protection was off.

Seems to only do it when we get a new build of Win 10.

Thanks for that confirmation, John.

Same here on mine.   I have not had issues in Edge since a long ways back,  several previews back.   The Edge thing is a thing of long ago, imho.

To Soozy,

I would tend to think what you observed is a one-off, since it is only after a new preview build finishes.  I wonder also, if maybe yours has the Malwarebytes icon on taskbar, and perhaps that is where you noticed some visual cue.   What follows is just a suggestion for you to consider.

Windows Defender in Windows 10, it does have ability to add an exclusion.  There it allows for choices as to whether by file, or folder, or process.
Start Windows Defender.  Click Settings icon on upper right near top bar.
That brings up a Settings page displayed for it.  Scroll down to EXCLUSIONS. Click the Add exclusions.
Select "Exclude a folder"
Then use the GUI control to navigate to  ( and select) the folder
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware

Edited by Maurice Naggar

4 minutes ago, Soozy said:

That's been for several builds. Defender is now seeing MB as the primary AV.

You can set Defender to do periodic scans or scan manually.

Yes, but there is no indication that Defender has been turned off unless you actually open it up and have a look.  In my case I want Defender on so I have changed the setting in MB and turned Defender back on again. 

MB should ask permission to do this, not just hijack the AV. 

MB is not hijacking anything, Defender has changed with the way it interacts with other software.  This change is programmed by Microsoft, not Malwarebytes.

Furthermore, if you were to install MB 3 on a clean system running build 15048 or newer (and maybe older, might be as far back as 15025) it would ask you about disabling Defender - but when you already have MB 3 installed, it doesn't ask, it just disabled, and that is due to Microsoft's coding, not any (new or old) coding in MB 3. 

This is a relatively recent change, and if you want I can find the exact Insider Preview build that it started happening on over at tenforums.com