Malwarebytes 3.0.4 hangs computer on shutdown

Is this still in reference to the Hostsman V. 4.6.103 program you have installed that we were working on in the Beta Forum?  At that time, you were using version 3.0.3 and I had asked you to install the latest version which is 3.0.4 - have you done that yet or is this still version 3.0.3?

Really don't think MBAM 3 was ready for primetime, I think a couple more betas were definitely in order, multiple users, including myself, were getting very slow boots (at random, sometimes it would work fine, sometimes you could wait over 10 minutes for the computer to be usable) as well as the problems described above. A couple more betas would have been better than angry customers complaining about issues which shouldn't be in a released product.

Reckon I'll wait a few more versions before re-installing.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

I'm encountering the same problem.  Computer was working fine.  Installed the V3.04 upgrade this morning. After the install I rebooted system. Upon restart I had what looked like a Safe Mode desktop screen without the Windows log-in appearing first.  I assume Explorer had problems starting.  I then rebooted and the computer hung on the Shut down screen.  I gave it several minutes and forced a reboot.  On restart my normal log-in and desktop appeared only Intel's Rapid Storage Tech kicked in for a RAID verify and repair as a result of the forced shut down.  Now a few minutes ago I again tried a reboot and Windows Shut down hung again.  After several minutes I again forced a shut down and am currently waiting for Intel's RST to finish a verify. 

Specs:

Malwarebytes Premium v3.0.4

Computer dual boots Windows 7 Pro x64 and Windows 10 Home x64.  Malwarebytes V3.0.4 only upgraded in Windows 7.  Windows 10 still has v2.xx and free version of Anti-Exploit.

My Windows 10 partition is hidden from view in Windows 7 in order to eliminate Windows Restore Point deletions.   

Home built PC: MSI X99 SLI Plus motherboard, Intel X99 processor, 32 GBs memory, GeForce GTX 960 graphics. Both Windows versions installed on RAID 1 Seagate 1 TB SSHD drives.   

Any assistance you can provide will be most helpful as this is quite annoying. 

I attempted to upload my MBAMService.LOG, but keep getting an upload failed error.  I assume that is because I am a first timer here.

Thanks !!

@mainer thank you for the new log. Is this behavior the same as with previous versions, meaning - does it only happen every now and then, or does it happen every time you shut down?

@MajesticWi  I'll need to gather more information due to the unique set up of your machine.

This next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open — DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will save 2 logs  in the same directory the tool was run from.  Please attach the following logs:

Addition.txt

FRST.txt 

Ried, Thanks for your assistance.  Turning off MSE Real Time Protection returns things to normal.  A conflict I assume?

I had some time to do additional experimenting....

The computer will shut down on its own after 5 to 7 minutes and reboot normally.

Disabling Exploit Protection, Ransomware Protection and Web Protection individually had no effect in curing the shutdown problem.

Windows 7 Reliability History shows NO problem.

Windows 7 Event Logs shows these same 3 events when I let the computer do the lengthy shut down on its own....

Log Name:      System
Source:        Service Control Manager
Date:          12/8/2016 5:34:15 PM
Event ID:      7011
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      ********
Description:
A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the MBAMService service.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7011</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-12-08T23:34:15.680253100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>264045</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="824" ThreadID="4520" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>*****</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">30000</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">MBAMService</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          12/8/2016 5:34:45 PM
Computer:      *******
Description:
A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the MSICTL_CC service.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-12-08T23:34:45.694705800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>264046</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Computer>*****</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param2">MSICTL_CC</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          12/8/2016 5:35:15 PM
Computer:     *******
Description:
A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the MSIDDR_CC service.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-12-08T23:35:15.709158500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>264047</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Computer>******</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param2">MSIDDR_CC</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Ried, Glad the information was useful

Regarding those events in the Event Logs.  The MSIDDR_CC service and MSICTL_CC service are related to a MSI motherboard utility for overclocking, etc.  When I stopped those services from loading at boot up, the only event shown in the Event Logs during the lengthy shut down is the MBAMService service. 

I think I will re-enable MSE's Real Time Protection now that I know the machine will eventually shutdown.  That I can live.  If by chance it starts shutting down normally I'll know the MSE issue has been resolved.

Thank-you very much for your time and assistance.  You have been most helpful !!