Malwarebytes 3 beta forgets settings

I am trying out the new Malwarebytes Beta released today.  It does not remember any settings.  Once I close it and open it, they are all back to defaults.  As example, I turn off tray notifications and stats gathering.  Right click the tray icon, select to close the program.  Run it.  All settings are back to default.  The only thing I have found it does remember are exclusions added to the list.

I see no Apply or OK Button when I change the settings.  If there is some hidden button I am supposed to press I do not see it.  Note that I am using it in Freeware mode.  So as soon as the scan is complete I close it from the tray.  I have also disable the Start With Windows.

I am running Windows 8.0 64 bit on a Toshiba Laptop with 4 GB ram.

I don't remember.  If it suggested a reboot after install completion then I did. Otherwise I didn't.  At this point I reverted to 2.x since it does the job.  If I might suggest a feature improvement though, multiple selection of exclusion entries to remove with one button press.  Select one, press button, repeat, gets old fast. :)