Urgent Chrome Update - doesn't remove

I've been getting the Urgent Chrome Update pop-up for awhile now, and decided to buy MalwareBytes to finally get rid of it. It detected parts of 60 files from programs I'd deleted a year ago. I let it quarantine and reboot my system. Figured I was clear. The next day Urgent Chrome Update is still popping up, and MalwareBytes found zero files on a full scan. I don't want to keep buying more programs, and other people are saying their other anti-viruses failed too. (On the Chrome's official message board) What do I do? 

I left the same message to them, but since the thread started July 18th, I don't hold much hope for Google.

Google's official Chrome board

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Edited by Firefox