Can't remove a redirect

2 minutes ago, kevinf80 said:

No definitely not a horror... This redirect that happens, is it only certain websites or all websites you visit..?

As far as I know, none other than a semi-legal movie streaming site and the download page on a movie download site.

My guess is that it check for two things.

Is this a site that could be expected to have a whole page ad redirect? (So not google, online forums and other 100% trustable sites) Yes

Is any form of adblock plugin enabled? Yes

Clever girl tries to camo itself as a normal annoying ad.

hxxp://dreamfilmhd.bz/

hxxp://www.filmxy.cc/

These sites are not malicious. At least I thought so before getting the adware from them or another site because of being stupid.

If I rightclick and inspect the element I get this code highlighted:

<a style="width:100%; height:100%; display:block!important; position:fixed; top:0px; left:0px;cursor: pointer;z-index: 2147483647;" onclick="mainWidget_globalTm.cmqdngnimgnfvziaspnwyhimhihtkh('PGh0bWw+PGhlYWQ+PC9oZWFkPjxib2R5PjxzY3JpcHQ+ZG9jdW1lbnQubG9jYXRpb24uaHJlZj0naHR0cDovL3BvcC5yZWRpcmVjdC5hZHNqdWRvLmNvbS9yZC9yZHAuaHRtbD91PWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZyZWtvdmVyci5hZGsyeC5jb20lMkZpbXAlM0ZwJTNENzQ5OTQ5MDklMjZjdCUzRGh0bWwlMjZhcCUzRDEzMDMlMjZpc3MlM0QwJTI2ZiUzRDAlMjZhYiUzRDUwMDMlMjZwc2lkJTNEcmVrb3ZlcnImY2w9ZGYwM2U0N2UtOWVmYy1jMzVlLTU0YjktYmQwMzNjYzIxM2E1Jzwvc2NyaXB0PjwvYm9keT48L2h0bWw+');mainWidget_globalTm.close_all();"></a>

Deleting it deletes the redirect.

1 minute ago, kevinf80 said:

Should be second site with last VT result...

dreamfilmhd checks as clean https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/d8969059d1f115aaa91cfeb33fba6fbe7cce49daba9d8cf5e253c1b5e6d9d9b4/analysis/1481225202/

I guess you need to stop using filmxy.cc and delete all bookmarks or links to that site... that make sense to you...?

yea

So I just stick with the workaround for dreamfilm? Seems like the only way. It's deeply nested somewhere.

1 minute ago, kevinf80 said:

yep I just used filmxy.cc selected a film and bang my security stopped it dead.... maybe that is your answer...?

Too bad. Had it coming for downloading free stuff I guess :P Lucky I didn't get something more serious. Thanks for helping me :)

We've been using DF for years now so I expected it to be clean.

What security would you recommend additionally to MWB to deter the same thing from happening again?

I`ve used Kaspersky for years and years, since Malwarebytes version 3 was available I`ve stopped Kaspersky and now use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes version 3 also Windows own Firewall...

read here for Malwarebytes version 3 https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/191748-announcing-malwarebytes-30-a-next-generation-antivirus-replacement/

I do not work for Malwarebytes am just a volunteer so have nothing to gain by pushing version 3. however, it really is worthwhile giving the trial version a try and check it it out....

I guess we need to clean up..

Uninstall Sophos and Zemana via Programs and Features...

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Or use the following if first link is down:

"Delfix link mirror"

If your security program alerts to Delfix either, accept the alert or turn your security off.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Remove disinfection tools <----- this will remove tools we have used.
  • Purge System Restore <--- this will remove all previous and possibly exploited restore points, a new point relative to system status at present will be created.
  • Reset system settings <--- this will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or malware/infection

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

33 minutes ago, kevinf80 said:

I`ve used Kaspersky for years and years, since Malwarebytes version 3 was available I`ve stopped Kaspersky and now use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes version 3 also Windows own Firewall...

read here for Malwarebytes version 3 https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/191748-announcing-malwarebytes-30-a-next-generation-antivirus-replacement/

I do not work for Malwarebytes am just a volunteer so have nothing to gain by pushing version 3. however, it really is worthwhile giving the trial version a try and check it it out....

I guess we need to clean up..

Uninstall Sophos and Zemana via Programs and Features...

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Or use the following if first link is down:

"Delfix link mirror"

If your security program alerts to Delfix either, accept the alert or turn your security off.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Remove disinfection tools <----- this will remove tools we have used.
  • Purge System Restore <--- this will remove all previous and possibly exploited restore points, a new point relative to system status at present will be created.
  • Reset system settings <--- this will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or malware/infection

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Well. Everything is back to "normal." I'm saving up for a new pc so I'm not so distrough. Learned my lesson. Thanks for your time ;)

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!