Will Anti-Ransomware still be free after the beta?

Jim_Lafleur

Super duper nice! Thanks Bob.

Do you know if  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 will be able to auto install new versions of the software when they become available, without any user interaction?

I have a lifetime license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Will I be able to upgrade to version 3.0 free of charge?

11 minutes ago, Jim_Lafleur said:

Do you know if  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 will be able to auto install new versions of the software when they become available, without any user interaction?

Currently Malwarebytes 3.0 has an automatic update feature. Most of it can be updated without user interaction. If the whole program/build needs to updated to a new version, there may be a few buttons to press in an installation wizard to complete the process. 

11 minutes ago, Jim_Lafleur said:

I have a lifetime license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Will I be able to upgrade to version 3.0 free of charge?

As stated in the link announcing MB 3.0, existing users will be grandfathered in and will also keep their yearly subscription price. So for your specific situation, your lifetime license will still carry over.

20 minutes ago, Jim_Lafleur said:

OK thanks Alex, I appreciate it.

No problem. Glad I could help.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Lafleur said:

I've just tried 3.0. Will it include access policy like in 2.0?

I think you are talking about what is called User Access in 3.0. It's under Settings > Application > User Access. If that's not it, let me know.

Edited by AlexSmith

• 2 weeks later...

my new subscription starts in 2 weeks time,but after a problem with computer today,i had to do a full reset and have just reinstalled bytes,was surprised it was the new version,very cool interface and very fast scan,so what i want to know is do i still need to install anti exploit,though i have not found a link yet,and presume anti ransomware is inbuilt as well.also how do you know if anti exploit is working because it is not displaying when opening firefox,and cannot find any setup instruction for exclusions etc,but up to now it looks great and bytes scans very quick.

my new subscription starts in 2 weeks time,but after a problem with computer today,i had to do a full reset and have just reinstalled bytes,was surprised it was the new version,very cool interface and very fast scan,so what i want to know is do i still need to install anti exploit,though i have not found a link yet,and presume anti ransomware is inbuilt as well.also how do you know if anti exploit is working because it is not displaying when opening firefox,and cannot find any setup instruction for exclusions etc,but up to now it looks great and bytes scans very quick.

i apologise,have found the settings for anti exploit,this product looks fantastic and great work by the malwarebytes team,only crititism is you do not know if anti exploits is protecting your browser./

Edited by mistertonmick
mis spelt word

37 minutes ago, mistertonmick said:

i apologise,have found the settings for anti exploit,this product looks fantastic and great work by the malwarebytes team,only crititism is you do not know if anti exploits is protecting your browser./

Hello misteronmick:

Other users have posted their observations with respect to the lack of MB3's optional anti-exploit protected browser notification flyouts and Malwarebytes' staffers are aware of their opinions.  However, if MB3's default protections have not been altered/disabled, the necessary anti-exploit protective shims are applied to all protected browsers upon their launch.

Thank you.