I have been attacked, changed all my saved files to some type of encryption with a “.bb37”

mjs222

I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta after I was attacked by a ransomware. It changed all my saved files to some type of encryption with .bb37. I was hoping Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta would be able to not only protect from ransomware, but decrypt the files with this .bb37. Do you know what I can do to recover these file?

Hello mjs222 and :welcome:

1.)  To the best of your ability, please estimate the local time and date when the ransomware attack occurred and please confirm that the ransomware attack did occur before after MBARW Beta8 was installed.  Please include in your reply if Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) Premium and/or Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) was installed before the time of the attack.

2.)  Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following, separate, .zip (not .7z or .rar) archive file for MBARW developer team analysis:

"%ProgramData%\MalwarebytesARW"

3.)  Please choose one of the files that have been encrypted and, similar to step #2 above, separately archive the file into a .zip container.

Please attach the 2 .zip archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

Edited by 1PW