AdwCleaner FP with Auslogics Disk Defrag

SpeedyPC

Hi hayc59,

as you can see in the previous conversation in this thread, Auslogics Disk Defrag is not flagged as Malware because it "harms" you computer. It falls under the "Possibly Unwanted Programs" (PUP) classification:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/pup/

If you are careful while installing it (avoid installing other software), it still is a very good and free disk defragmenter. Most of all, it is one of the fastest I have seen and the only one I know so far to offer an optimization for SSD drives (even though it remains questionable whether any optimization process should be performed on SSDs).

I agree with Malwarebytes to flag this as PUP though. If you are not using it, remove it.

Best regards,
Glewe

As I mentioned before, Auslogics Disk Defragmenter is one of the fastest I have seen so far.

In regards to Defraggler, it is one of the slowest I have seen so far. And I mean "really" slow compared to its contenders. For me that is a no-go when so many faster alternatives are out there.

Besr regards,
Glewe

On 28/01/2017 at 10:17 PM, cocochepeau said:

Greetings,

A good alternative to Auslogics Disk Defrag also exists. I recommend you to use Defraggler (from Piriform, the authors of the hugely popular software CCleaner).

Regards,

Yes but now, you can't use the free version of CCleaner or Defraggler in a corporate environment. If you do so, it's piracy. :/

Also, a quick way to defrag a computer is to clone the partition using Acronis True Image for example and restore it. ^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/3/2017 at 1:15 AM, fr33tux said:

@LinCeX If you remove it via the installer, I encourage you to scan with Malwarebytes afterwards to check.

Thanks. I did remove with revo unistaller and scan with malwerebytes after . Nothing was found ^_^ .

Gonna let windows to defrag itself as defragging tools arent needed since long time ago .

https://www.howtogeek.com/97723/htg-explains-do-you-really-need-to-defrag-your-pc/