AdwCleaner FP on infra 8 / VMWare Service Manager

quietman7

In this topic.

I've just downloaded and run AdwCleaner on my work PC, and it identified the following Registry keys as threats:

Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\infraWrapper90.QuickSearchBar
Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\IN_WRAPPER80.QuickSearchBar
Key Found: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\infraWrapper90.QuickSearchBar
Key Found: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\IN_WRAPPER80.QuickSearchBar

I think they are false positives: they are part of the "Infra 8" and "VMWare Service Manager" (Infra 9) call logging systems, which we launch by way of a browser shortcut (thin client).

Admittedly we don't use Infra 8 any more, so those keys could be removed but it's still a legitimate product.

Can this be investigated with a view to determining whether AdwCleaner should disregard them? If I let it clean these out, chances are it may break my installation of our call logging system!

IN_WRAPPER80 - http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/in_wrapper80-exe/23002279
Infrawrapper90 - https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/infrawrapper90.exe-c3c28ca6a30ae4da44752cbb60f029dc1beafd1b.aspx

Edited by quietman7

I had referred Angoid here but he replied with an issue.

Thanks Quietman ... unfortunately, I cannot activate my registration at MalwareBytes. I tried to register there yesterday, when the notification email failed to land I requested a re-send about 2 hours later, still nada so I cancelled the registration and tried again earlier this afternoon.

Still no cigar :( or confirmation email, for that matter ....

Same email address as I use here.

Hi all, landed OK.  Just so you're aware ... I posted this at BC as well:

Interestingly, the registration emails DID get sent, but they did not come through on my phone at all.

It wasn't until I got home and picked up my emails on my desktop that I saw them ... all in my junk folder of course.

But they definitely did not come through on my phone because I checked a number of times, and all other emails were coming through perfectly fine.

Thanks!