Malwarebytes doesnt find virus (tavanero virus and pop ups)

Hey,

I have gotten the virus ' tavanero' thats changing my default google start page to its start page (so every time I open a new tab that tavanero search page comes up instead of google). In addition to that, any click in chrome causes pop up ads to come up (any click-click on youtube,google, any new page etc). Malwarebytes doesnt find that tavanero virus or any other viruses. I also tried removing it manually by looking in my applications folder and in my chrome extensions but there is nothing to be found. Also, it only happens in chrome-safari doesnt show any pop ups or that tavanero visus.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

• Staff

Can you send a system snapshot taken with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac? To do so, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac and choose Take System Snapshot from the Scanner menu. Then, in the window that opens, select all the text (Edit → Select All), copy it and paste into a reply to this message.

If you don't feel comfortable posting that information publicly in a reply to this message, feel free to send it to me in a direct message. To do so, click my name and then click the Message button within my profile.