Reports offline, database not updated

Hi. I have the same problem with 44 out of 96 clients.

The MEEClientService is not running on them, even though set to automatic and computers rebooted. If I start it manually, and set recovery for the service to restart after 2 fails, it comes back online, but I do not want to run around 44 pcs to do this. I have set the exceptions in AVG as described above. I have also raised a ticket with support but heard nothing back.

In my case it was a conflict in registry values.  The dbversion and dbdate values needed to show the same date.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\   

2016-11-16 13_35_53-Registry Editor.png

Edited by bumskull
Added image of registry values

You could use remote registry,  powershell or vbscript to make changes to the remote pcs.   

I would use powershell to query the 2 registry values on all pcs and write to a file.   Then you can compare each computers settings modify to match then use powershell again to write the adjusted values back to each pc and tell the service to restart.  

Thanks. I'm not clever enough to do that. Was rather hoping that centrally managed console would be a bit easier to run than this. Hopefully I will get a useful response to my ticket that doesn't require me to have to go through this.

Hello @Donovan

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the clients. If the MEEClientService is not running on restart then we need to investigate why it's not running as that will prevent communication with the server.

You can either wait for someone to reply to your ticket on the Helpdesk or we can get some logs from one of the clients with this issue and see if we can resolve it.

Please choose one fo the clients that is having an issue and run the following on that client and post back the logs as attachments and we'll review and see if we can determine what's causing the service not to load properly.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs as an attachment.

Diagnostic Logs

Thank you

Ron