false positive zone alarm PC-tune up

tedus987

9 minutes ago, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

This isn't a false positive - Please see above.

Thanks!

ok, i've contacted the PUP team as per the post you led me to, i know the PUP it's detecting is part of the zone alarm extreme security package and if i try to remove it zone alarm will stop working which will remove my main firewall. can i add an exception in to malwarebytes?

• Staff

Hi,

This is actually an additional program that came with Zonealarm, so it won't remove your Zonealarm firewall.

You can even uninstall the PC TuneUp seperately if you want - in case you don't use it. This won't delete anything of your Firewall though.

Alternatively, you can indeed set what it detected to the ignore list or add the C:\Program Files(x86)\PC Tune-UP folder to your exclusions ( Settings > Malware Exclusions > Add Folder)

1 minute ago, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

This is actually an additional program that came with Zonealarm, so it won't remove your Zonealarm firewall.

You can even uninstall the PC TuneUp seperately if you want - in case you don't use it. This won't delete anything of your Firewall though.

Alternatively, you can indeed set what it detected to the ignore list or add the C:\Program Files(x86)\PC Tune-UP folder to your exclusions ( Settings > Malware Exclusions > Add Folder)

what about the registry key?

2 minutes ago, miekiemoes said:

When you get the detection, uncheck the checkbox, then click next and a popup will display what you want to do with this.

In your case, you need to select "Ignore Always".

thank you, will this record persist if i was to uninstall and reinstall to the latest version of zone alarm?