Activation problem

Hi,

I bought a lifetime license back in January 2014. To my knowledge you can use it on up to 3 computers. I have it on my main computer, a virtual machine and my laptop. My old laptop died and I bought a new one. The VM I used also no longer exists. I can see a deactivate button in the 'My Account' section, but since I do not have my old laptop or the VM anymore, I cannot deactivate those machines. I would like to install MBAM on my new shining laptop, but it says all licenses are in use. Is there a way to reset all accounts? I understand I may need to reactivate MBAM on my main computer afterwards, but that is no problem. I still have the original confirmation email, so can supply the cleverbridge reference number and of course my ID and key in a PM if needed.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, admin99 said:

To my knowledge you can use it on up to 3 computers.

I'm sorry but there has never been a 3 computer lifetime license. To fix your license issue for the 1 pc life time license you will need to contact the help desk

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

Edited by Porthos

Hello and Welcome @admin99

Actually @Porthos, at one time they were selling a 3 pc license if I recall correctly.  Either way the only folks that can check your license and reset it are the folks at the helpdesk as already stated.

The most efficient way to resolve activation issues is to contact the Help Desk. default_smile.png

• If you already have a ticket at the Help Desk, please try to be patient. The Help Desk is busy, and they are also assisting users with technical support and malware cleanup cases.
    • Please do not open multiple tickets there -- doing so will slow down the process and could delay their response to you.

• If you do NOT already have a ticket at the Help Desk, you may open one HERE.
    • Please provide the Help Desk with as much of the following information as possible (but do NOT post this sensitive information here in this forum):
      • Name of purchaser
      • Email address of purchaser
      • Date of purchase
      • cleverbridge reference number (or details about the seller, if it was NOT the Malwarebytes online store)
      • MBAM license ID and Key information
      • Screen shots of any error messages or other dialogs

• Either way, please be sure to check your spam and junk mail folders, to verify that the emails from the Support team did not land there by mistake.

In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)