Merge MBAM and MBAE?

PostHEX

Reasons: 

• If to be deployed on multiple machines within say a household, costs more installation/reinstallation time. Just plain annoying to manage.
  • Since they're both two separate programs, both have got a different start-up time (this is exacerbated if there are many other programs to be launched between MBAM and MBAE). 
  • It just looks cleaner/more professional having all your products in one place (like Surfright's HitmanPro.Alert is for example (P.S. hope mentioning a competitor is not a problem; if Malwarebytes has got a better product, this shouldn't matter, right?)).

Thank you.

I missed that update prior to starting thread. Should frequent the forum more. Thank you very much for the link. Sounds like a very exciting route Malwarebytes is taking. I wonder what that means for perpetual licensees for MBAM. But I guess the license won't be moved over to the new product, but remain separate for MBAM.

• 1 month later...

Lifetime licenses are not supported.  When I installed Malwarebytes 3.0.  I got a license for a year.  I had all kinds of problems with Malwarebytes 3.0 and I uninstalled it in disgust.  I reinstalled Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.  My unlimited license for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was replaced with one good for 300 days. Neither of the two older programs caused any problems except for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware  flagging some legitimate programs as p.u.p.  It had removed two good programs.  So I reinstalled the two programs.  From then on, I would check to see what programs Malwarebytes was flagging and if I wanted to keep them, click ignore forever.  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Anti-Exploit do not show up in the list of antivirus programs installed on my computer.  That means there is absolutely no conflict with my main antivirus program.  I think the main reason Malwarebytes 3.0 didn't work for me in that it is intended to be the main line of defense instead of the second line of defense.  I think Malwarebytes needs to put out another program that combines the features of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with that of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and still acts as a second line of defense which Malwarebytes 3.0 obviously doesn't.  

Edited by robertfare1
grammatical correction

Lifetime licences are support in Malwarebytes 3.0. If you have any issues with activating Malwarebytes 3.0 using one of your licence, you need to contact the Help Desk as they are the only ones who can deal with activation issues.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

Which programs did Malwarebytes remove? Since the new PUP policy, a lot of programs that weren't flagged as PUP before are now, so depending on which ones were removed, it's possible that these weren't false positives.

Malwarebytes 3.0 combines Malware, Web, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware protection. Also, Malwarebytes 3.0 can be used as a main or second line of defense, so what you're asking for already exists.