"Full Scan" Scheduling

I want to schedule a nightly FULL scan but I don't see this option on the protection tab. All that appears there is a box for setting an automatic nightly QUICK scan. I thought the whole point of purchasing the program was so that I could schedule an automatic full, complete scan every night. But if I can't (i.e., if I have to remember to open the program every evening to "tell it" to perform a complete scan), then what was the point of my purchasing it? (I could have done this with the free version.)

Am I missing a tab or a button somewhere? Or is this a flaw in the program?

• Staff

You can change the default scheduled quick scan to full scan by making the changes listed below:

If you bring up the scheduled scan under the Windows Task Scheduler it might be possible to edit it so that it uses the full scan instead of the quick scan. You'd simply need to change the /quickscan or /quickscanterminate parameter to /fullscan or /fullscanterminate.

Forum link:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry64670

Btw, the Malwarebytes default 'Quick scan' option is designed to scan all known parts of a system where malware can hide. We constantly update these areas and have complete confidence that using this option is more than sufficient to remove all malware.

Thusly, we never recommend it.