Android File Transfer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Manojprabjakar :)

What Android phone do you have? Android phones can be set in a "USB Storage Media" mode which allows you to access them from the Windows Explorer like any removable storage device (such as USB). There's no need for specific drivers or else (except the ones required by your phone so Windows can access it, though they should be installed automatically as you connect your phone to your computer).

Depending on make and model of the Android Device and Computer, BlueTooth is a wireless way to transfer files.

As for "...best USB Driver to transfer without any loss? " either it works or doesn't work.  A copy process has no loss.  Moving files always has a potential for loss.  A File Move is defined as a File Copy process where the source is deleted after the destination has been written.  Therefore just copy the files.  When you have dtermined that the file copy process has completed and all is OK you can keep or delete the source files accordingly.

On 11/21/2016 at 11:45 PM, Aura said:

What Android phone do you have? Android phones can be set in a "USB Storage Media" mode which allows you to access them from the Windows Explorer like any removable storage device (such as USB). There's no need for specific drivers or else (except the ones required by your phone so Windows can access it, though they should be installed automatically as you connect your phone to your computer).

Thanks Aura for your info, and I am using Cool Pad Note 5. But when i connected it to my PC via a USB cable, it doesn't prompts me to connect it as an USB Storage Media. And in my PC, it displays an error like "the Driver can not be installed". What can I do now to recover from this.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:29 AM, David H. Lipman said:

Depending on make and model of the Android Device and Computer, BlueTooth is a wireless way to transfer files.

As for "...best USB Driver to transfer without any loss? " either it works or doesn't work.  A copy process has no loss.  Moving files always has a potential for loss.  A File Move is defined as a File Copy process where the source is deleted after the destination has been written.  Therefore just copy the files.  When you have dtermined that the file copy process has completed and all is OK you can keep or delete the source files accordingly.

Hi David,

As said in the above post I am using Cool Pad Note 5 and couldn't transfer my files with any of the native file transfer method such as Bluetooth. Its not properly working :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016/11/11 at 1:55 PM, Manojprabhakar said:

How to transfer files from my android smartphone to my PC? Which one will be the best USB Driver to transfer without any loss? Can anyone suggest me?

The android device data transfer was a long question, i think it's very convenient to use a mobile phone file transfer and backup app to help. actually, there're many android data transfer apps could help. 

You can transfer file by these ways:

Transfer Files Using USB Cable
The most direct and simplest way to transfer a file from your PC to android phone is using the USB cable. Most of the phones we bought equip with a compatible cable, so there’s no need for you to buy one. Just connect your PC and your Android using the cable, and you will see there’s a message on the phone screen asking what do you want to do.
Choose the option that allows using the phone as a storage device, and you’re good to go. Transferring file is as simple as copying the file from your PC to a USB drive.
Note: The exact format of the message varies, depending on the manufacturer or your telecom carrier of your android phone, but different roads lead to the same destination.

Wireless Transfer Using Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is famous for online collaboration and easily sharing data across multiple devices, like file servers, desktops and mobile devices. So using cloud storage to transfer files is also a convenient way. Most of the big players, such as Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive, provide free spaces to users, which is big enough to transfer your commonly used files.
All you have to do is to register a free account. And install the PC client and app for your android phone. Each app designates a hard drive folder, and anything saved on your PC will be automatically synced to the cloud and other devices.

Transfer Files via WiFi or Mobile Networks
Some people may think connecting Android device to PC with the USB cable is annoying, or using the Cloud Services is not reliable enough, here I will introduce you another method, using WiFi. Most people have WiFi networks at their workplace or home, so it’s really convenient.
There are lots of apps allow you to use the WiFi to transfer files. Let’s take one of them-WiFi File Transfer -for an example. All you have to do is type a specific URL into the web browser of your computer, you can see your device’s internal memory and SD card, from where you can download any files to your computer, or upload files to your phone.

Contrast of the Three Ways
The limit of WiFi File Transfer and Cloud Storage is the size of the file, the free version of these apps limit the file size. You can transfer the music, pictures, movies, word document, etc by above two ways. For files with large size, you can use the USB cable directly.

Still need any help then inform me.

On 2016/11/22 at 2:15 AM, Aura said:

My recommendation is Samsung Backup, which helps users sync Android phone to PC with just a few simple clicks. It supports to copy contacts, SMS messages, photos, videos, apps, music, books and various documents on your Android device

6 hours ago, Tabeer said:

Wireless Transfer Using Cloud Storage

Cloud storage is famous for online collaboration and easily sharing data across multiple devices, like file servers, desktops and mobile devices. So using cloud storage to transfer files is also a convenient way. Most of the big players, such as Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive, provide free spaces to users, which is big enough to transfer your commonly used files.
All you have to do is to register a free account. And install the PC client and app for your android phone. Each app designates a hard drive folder, and anything saved on your PC will be automatically synced to the cloud and other devices.

Should be avoided.  It leaves the person's data open to harvesting and other negative consequences.  There is NO REASON to use an outside entity to do something that can be done purely localized.