Can't activate the key on my laptop WIN7

Hi,

So I bought Mb license almost 3 weeks ago, and there's still no way I can activate the key!

I've already contacted the support by email, but there are really slow and didn't solve anything so far, and I must say, I am really dissapointed.

Here's the error message I get: can't connect to internet etc, while my connexion is ON. (screen included)

FRST + Addition +Checkresult

Seems that TermService Start is disabled, I don't know how to enable it. Tried to modify the host files, still same issue.

Thank you really for any help, otherwise I'll ask a complete refund.

lame supportmb.jpg

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Sorry your having problems activating your Malwarebytes Product.  The helpdesk / support are the only ones that can help with activation issues.  That being said, from your logs can you explain the below entries in your hosts file?

2009-07-14 03:34 - 2016-10-01 16:43 - 00000145 ___RA C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1                   keystone.mwbsys.com
127.0.0.1                   sirius.mwbsys.com
127.0.0.1                   bactem.mwbsys.com

Those entries do not belong there and are normally there when someone is trying to Pirate Malwarebytes.

Hi,

I bought my laptop for somebody else.

However I also bought Mb license:

Numéro de référence cleverbridge : 100068502
Votre clé de licence Malwarebytes est ci-dessous.
Product: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
Key: MC3WJ-ZP8QJ-XXXXX-XXXXX

So what you are saying is Mb can work while been pirated, but NOT if I buy it???

I don't think it's ok Mb can't make a difference between people who really buys it or not....

Hello @Auraly and welcome back.... A few things to discuss here....

1. Thanks for coming back and responding with the info you provided and showing proof of your purchase.

2. As for MBAM working while pirated, I think you misunderstood me there.  The reason your having issues is because the previous owner of the laptop was most likely pirating Malwarebytes.  Now that you mention that you bought this laptop from someone else, let me just say, that buying used equipment is OK, however when I do that, the first thing I do is FORMAT and RE-INSTALL everything because you never know what condition the computer is in, and as you can see in your case, the last owner had put entries into the HOSTS file in an attempt to Pirate Malwarebytes.

Now to get your copy of Malwarebytes installed and activated lets do a few things.  First lets reset your hosts file to remove the items that do not belong there, in order for Malwarebytes to be able to activate properly.

Please Rest Your Hosts File back to defaults

Have a look at Microsoft article KB972034 How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default to reset your hosts file.

Once you have reset your HOSTS file, lets get a CLEAN install of Malwarebytes, to do that follow the instructions below

Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Edited by Firefox

Hi Firefox,

It worked fine, thank you. And thanks for the advice, yet I don't understand why mb doesn't make a better antipiracy program, I mean, I've already paid for a one year licence with proof of it, so mb should be able to identify easily from someone who didn't...

Also, the suport didn't told me to do this (I've even contacted them with the email I used for the registration and transaction and proof of it), which wasn't so great of them.

Anyway, thank you a lot! ;)

Your Welcome, Glad to hear it all worked out for you know and its working.

Your welcome on the advice, as for the antipiracy part, I can not comment too much on that as I don't work for Malwarebytes.  The reason you could not activate is because your HOSTS file was blocking the connection to the activation servers, once that was removed you were able to activate.

Also I can not say much about the support ticket or person you were working with, again since I have no way of checking what was on the ticket since I do not work for Malwarebytes.

Anyway, as I said, I am happy to hear it is now working as intended.  I am glad I could help you sort it out.

Be safe out there...

Firefox