Outlook 2016 unable to connect

I too seem to be having this issue. I am running Windows 10 (Insider) release 14959.rs_prerelease.161026-1700 and Office 2016 version 1610 (7466.2023).

I have been having this problem for sometime now, and until today had not realized the culprit. What triggered my realization is that, due to compatibility issues with the last few Insider releases, I have not had Malwarebytes installed, and I never had any issue with Outlook during that time. I recently tried to install MBAM after the latest insider build update, and it installed OK - and my Outlook problems are back.

No real symptoms except that Outlook goes offline for my Exchange account. My outlook.com email continues to work fine, and I am able to browse the web. Interestingly, I am unable to browse to the Office365 Outlook Web Mail page during this outage also.

Please remedy this!

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Hello @Liquid55 and :welcome:

We are aware that some users do have this issue and we're looking into it. If you run the following scans and post back the logs as attachments that may help us to add information to our current information on this issue to help track it down better.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs as an attachment.

Diagnostic Logs

Thanks

OK, I got my MBAM activation issue sorted out, and MBAM is running and active. It did not take long for the issue to re-occur.

Once it did, I re-ran the diagnostics and the resulting log files are attached. These were taken during a period when Outlook would not connect, and I could not connect to the Office 365 Outlook web page.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Good afternoon @Liquid55! Let's see if we can figure out what's going on here. As @AdvancedSetup mentioned, we've seen some reports of this and it's been troublesome to track down, so hopefully you won't mind providing some more log files for us to look into. For starters, let's get some more information from your device.

Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

• List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.