Stopping at the Value 2086 during a scan

I'm not sure what exactly causes this but on one of my computers, for some reason Malwarebytes will scan up to the value 2068 (Which is Scanning the Startup) but once it reaches that value it just hangs there and causes the rest of my computer to run slowly/become unresponsive. I have tried updating the database but as of the time of me posting, I am up to date. I have tired running the Malwarebyte as my only application on my computer as well but that still caused it to hang.

Additional information, I just tried running another scan and it started to hang at different value but still within the "Scanning Startup Files" range. I have Malwarebytes on both computers and despite both being up to date, I don't running into any issues on the one being used to post this. Also once it reaches this value, I have to Task Kill Malewarebytes and shutdown the computer as canceling and pausing the scan doesn't work, it won't respond to either of those. Task killing it for some reason continues to make it scan without me being able to interact with it.

Edited by Lyklor

Hello and Welcome...

After trying the MBAM-Clean process, then provide the logs below if it does not correct your issue.

We would need more info on the system....

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs
(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

I did a clean uninstall of Malewarebytes and reinstalled it as insturcted and that didn't work. I tired running the FRST.exe only for it to run into the same exact problem, it reaches a certain point of the scan and just hangs there. I'm going to make the assumption at this point and say it's something wrong with my computer itself.

If you having issues with the computer, the experts can help you sort it out, simply follow the instructions below.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

It explains the options for free, expert help -->>AND<<-- the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thank you

Edited by Firefox