What does exploit do ? What is it suppposed to do ??

veryparanoid

• Staff

Hello Veryparanoid,

Anti-exploit will prevent exploit based infections from infecting your computer. However, the infection you are mentioning doesn't use an exploit kit to infect computers usually. The main form of infection for that is usually through a spear phishing e-mail that is sent that includes a zip file with an infection hidden as a .xls or pdf file. It can also be hidden as a word file with a macro enabled that will infect the computer. Both of those methods are not something anti-exploit would block in this scenario.

Did you happen to receive any e-mail lately with files attached that was from an unknown source?  

2 hours ago, Rsullinger said:

Hello Veryparanoid,

Anti-exploit will prevent exploit based infections from infecting your computer. However, the infection you are mentioning doesn't use an exploit kit to infect computers usually. The main form of infection for that is usually through a spear phishing e-mail that is sent that includes a zip file with an infection hidden as a .xls or pdf file. It can also be hidden as a word file with a macro enabled that will infect the computer. Both of those methods are not something anti-exploit would block in this scenario.

Did you happen to receive any e-mail lately with files attached that was from an unknown source?  

yes

and i goofed .  it was an email that looked legit. 

i was sleepy and did not mean to open it but i did