Windows 10 x64 Infected Sasquor

Ilham

Hi...

2 day ago i have download google chrome browser, and i use online installation method, but last night my laptop that run windows 10 64 bit, with Malwarebyte and Windows Defender Install report that there is an activity of BrowserModifier:Win32/Sasquor. And I try to scan and delete all the quarantine file, Malwarebyte ask me to restart to finish but after login Start Menu, Cortana and taskbar just can't load. I think my laptop still Infected. Please help....

Category: Browser Modifier

Description: This program changes various Web browser settings without adequate consent.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
file:C:\Windows\Temp\ouaB1EC.tmp\Archer.dll

Get more information about this item online.

• Root Admin

Hello @Ilham and :welcome:

The logs indicate that someone has set this computer up to pirate and steal software from us as well as some other software vendors. Please restore the original hosts file and open MBAM and go to the  History, Application Logs and find the scan log and attach it to your next reply so we can see what MBAM removed.

2015-07-10 19:04 - 2016-05-30 12:47 - 00001983 ____A C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1                   thislineskipsanyemptylines

0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com

127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 licensing.ultraedit.com
127.0.0.1 licensing2.ultraedit.com

Thanks

• Root Admin

Appears to be a rather common issue. So much so that Microsoft has a trouble shooter for it. Please read and follow directions from this page to see if this helps correct.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let me know how that goes please.

Thanks