IgorDotNinja

Feature Suggestions for File Assassin (Folders and Fixing Permissions)

I messed up some permissions on some files and folders, so i downloaded file assassin ( i used it before for some issues ) , fileassassin could not  delete the files.

I fixed the problem by downloading "NTFS Access" ( http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/ntfsaccess ) and that fixed the permissions of the folders, granted me full access to the folders/files, and then i could delete the programs manually.

So i have a few suggestion for FileAssassin:

- Deleting folders also :D

- Using the things that NTFSAccess does to grant permissions to the folders/files recursively, and that makes me the full owner of the files, and that will allow the program to delete the files.

52 minutes ago, IgorDotNinja said:

I messed up some permissions on some files and folders, so i downloaded file assassin ( i used it before for some issues ) , fileassassin could not  delete the files.

I fixed the problem by downloading "NTFS Access" ( http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/ntfsaccess ) and that fixed the permissions of the folders, granted me full access to the folders/files, and then i could delete the programs manually.

- Using the things that NTFSAccess does to grant permissions to the folders/files recursively, and that makes me the full owner of the files, and that will allow the program to delete the files.

Thanks for the suggestion, @IgorDotNinja! Right now we've paused development on FileASSASSIN. If we start up again, we'll review your suggestion a bit more.

On 11/3/2016 at 12:16 AM, IgorDotNinja said:

I really like fileAssassin, it helps get rid of tenacious files and did once help me remove a virus that all other tools couldn't (Malwarebytes included for some reason), but the folder option would be helpful for those times you need to rid yourself of temp files and bloatware that otherwise would sit there and eat space on your drive. Thank you!