Why malware bytes when installing create compatible entry in registry in HKCU

Please see the link, where i have queried about context menu not working and compatibility tag in registry. Now, normally when you install programs, windows would alert compatibility and ask you to change  to recommended settings, you know that there is incompatibility of version to which programs are designed. If there is no problem, then you get trouble shoot could not identify any problems  message, but when i  click force trouble shooting mbam.exe, it , prompts me to select recommended settings and  when i click next, it shows the recommended version as xp sp2, whereas i am having windows 7.  Why then, it does not alert , when i installed the same

compat alert one.png

compatible two.png

• Root Admin

Hi @jraju

In my own experience, the vast majority of times that Windows alerts to an incompatibility is false. Often the computer has been running for many days or weeks and has had program failures or crashes, etc. Rarely do most modern programs require any type of compatibility settings and that includes MBAM. There is absolutely no reason to scan for compatibility for our program. It is designed to work on all modern versions of Windows. If you're continuing to have issues then let me know and we can look at it further. Perhaps your computer has just been through the ringer so to speak over the years.

Edited by AdvancedSetup

But i have numerous programs which does not have any false app compatibility flags in the registry. My computer is working perfectlly, with avast and your programs monitoring av and malwares.

I could remove those compatibility entry to get the program work faster, but why when trouble shooting it alerts recommended settings. did you try there by forcing trouble shoot your exe

• Root Admin

I really could not tell you as I don't force my computer to try to run compatibility on any software. If I have software that requires it I get rid of it as it's probably too old for me to use.

I'm sorry but all I can tell you is our software does not require any compatibility settings and if you have them set it will not work properly. I guess I just don't understand what it is you're trying to achieve here.

• Root Admin

You show a screen shot of running a compatibility check on it, but regardless. As I said before the "vast majority" of times that Microsoft kicks off their compatibility tool it's because something unrelated caused some type of failure. It will create the entry. However, if you remove the entry (or tell it everything was installed correctly) and reboot and try again it won't happen. The only reason it kicked off was because Windows itself was in some quasi-state of corruption, probably from other programs closing but not writing all their data before closing, or browsers that crashed their session, etc. Many things can and do cause Windows to become unstable. If you then run a program installation while Windows is in this type of state it can potentially cause it to flag the installer and run the compatibility tool setting.