9.17 installation wants to repeat itself

AdamKertesz

After removing the old installation, i made sure there are no "Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta" folders left in

- program files
- program files (x86)
- programdata
- users/%username%/Appdata - Local, Locallow and Roaming

After that reinstall and everything is installed correctly. No reboot needed.

•  

Hello Multispeed and :welcome:

After those deletions and a system restart, the only thing needed is for the install to be made with "Run as administrator", and a system restart to complete that system's clean re-install.

Thank you for the good news update and beta testing the MBARW project.

After installing the Beta 8 update from the prompt within the previous version, I kept getting a popup stating a new version was available and also was still seeing the update message from within the program. However, when clicking the About button, it showed the current version was 0.9.17.661. I did an uninstall using the tool included within /Program Files/Malwarebytes/Anti-Ransomware/ then reinstalled a fresh download of Beta 8. Everything is working great now.

I had the same problem, a week ago. I had no  idea this was going on. I thought it was some kind of malware trick that had gottten pass through my computer, to get me to install something that was not COOL! I downloaded a current version, disconnected form internet, deleted the running one, rebooted then installed the downloaded version. No more pop up! nor "install now" on the app.