9.17 installation wants to repeat itself

AdamKertesz

Message came up in lower right corner. Closed everything else. Installed. Installation finished (I thought), then the same message came back: please, install update.

OK, I thought, I did it again - and exactly the same thing happened.  Now, I try to close down everything, restart the beast and see what happens.

10/28/2016 - 5:00 PM eastern time -

Issue is not fixed yet. 

I am having same issue with MB anti-ransomeware beta stuck in a continuous update loop.

PC details: Toshiba Intel centrino dual core CPU - 8GB ram - sufficient HD space for install -  Windows 7 home edition - 64bit - DAZ loader activation - windows updates ceased January 2016 - GWX control panel installed and running - MB standard paid subscription software installed running and seems ok - AVG Zen free AV installed and running - Windows defender completely disabled.

TCB

Hello All:

"VERY IMPORTANT!!:  Please note that if you did NOT receive an upgrade prompt from within an earlier beta version, you must first uninstall any earlier BETA versions prior to installing BETA 8." -@bdubrow

HTH

14 minutes ago, 1PW said:

VERY IMPORTANT!!:  Please note that if you did NOT receive an upgrade prompt from within an earlier beta version, you must first uninstall any earlier BETA versions prior to installing BETA 8." -@bdubrow

But I did receive an upgrade prompt... OK, I will Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall..

1 minute ago, John A said:

Did you Uninstall it first?

No, at that time I did not uninstall. Now, I have uninstalled it (standard way, thru Control Panel), restarted computer, reinstalled mbar and it's OK. I do hope that when it becomes a finalized product, we wouldn't have to jump so many hoops.

The nature of beta testing is that we should expect to have to cope with a few unusual issues.

6 minutes ago, AdamKertesz said:

No, at that time I did not uninstall. Now, I have uninstalled it (standard way, thru Control Panel), restarted computer, reinstalled mbar and it's OK. I do hope that when it becomes a finalized product, we wouldn't have to jump so many hoops.

Hello all

I had the same problem described in this thread.

Now If it helps..

1 hour ago, John A said:

Mine's fixed. Reinstall doesn't clear it.  Had to uninstall/reboot/reinstall to clear it.

1 hour ago, Jekko said:

John A is correct.

You need to do an uninstall, reboot if necessary, and then re-install to clear it.  I tested this on my end to make sure.

This solution works for me at least for the moment

Hello yuvalg9 and :welcome:

Please briefly summarize the issue with MBARW Beta8 as it pertains to only your system, then please post the archives as requested below.

Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following, separate, .zip (not .7z or .rar) archive files for MBARW developer team analysis:

"C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\"
                                 "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\"
                                 "C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\"

Please attach the .zip archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

Edited by 1PW

• Staff

There seems to be only one resolution to this issue. Uninstall the existing program version, ensuring this folder has been deleted during the uninstall (it should be by the uninstaller, but make sure it is):

"C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\"

Then reinstall the program.

This has worked in our testing, and others here in this topic have confirmed.

Since yesterday, I also met this trouble. My first attempt was to uninstall the program (MBARW) via one software (such as GeekUninstaller v1.4.0.90_x64) and the force way didn't work... The processus MBARW was still running and it wasn't removed until I reboot the PC.

After I had reinstalled MBARW (v.0.9.17.661 the Beta 8) and the trouble was again there... So I try again to reinstall it (usual not forced). Then I had configure my firewall to block it and apparently, until now, it's gone. And I didn't have to reactivate MBARW.

• Staff
On 10/29/2016 at 10:02 AM, Gryenwold said:

Since yesterday, I also met this trouble. My first attempt was to uninstall the program (MBARW) via one software (such as GeekUninstaller v1.4.0.90_x64) and the force way didn't work... The processus MBARW was still running and it wasn't removed until I reboot the PC.

After I had reinstalled MBARW (v.0.9.17.661 the Beta 8) and the trouble was again there... So I try again to reinstall it (usual not forced). Then I had configure my firewall to block it and apparently, until now, it's gone. And I didn't have to reactivate MBARW.

If you use our the installer from Anti-Ransomware, it will remove the files that are causing this issue to happen.