Jump to content
AdamKertesz

9.17 installation wants to repeat itself

Recommended Posts

Message came up in lower right corner. Closed everything else. Installed. Installation finished (I thought), then the same message came back: please, install update.

OK, I thought, I did it again - and exactly the same thing happened.  Now, I try to close down everything, restart the beast and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AdamKertesz,

Hello!  We are aware of the issue and we are doing what we can to fix this server side.  Thank you for reporting and please bear with us while we fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here - keeps wanting to update itself with the same version, even uninstalled, rebooted, same issue repeats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, Jekko. Of couurse, I'll wait. After restart the "New beta is available" message came up - I did not install again. Do you need any files from my machine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need.  This should be fixed server side now.  If you are still seeing the issue you can reinstall and it should fix the UI and stop notifying you of the "new" version.  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still getting New Version Available even after restarting and then reinstalling. Just a never ending cycle. 

Thanks

MBAM AntiRansomware.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10/28/2016 - 5:00 PM eastern time -

Issue is not fixed yet. 

I am having same issue with MB anti-ransomeware beta stuck in a continuous update loop.

PC details: Toshiba Intel centrino dual core CPU - 8GB ram - sufficient HD space for install -  Windows 7 home edition - 64bit - DAZ loader activation - windows updates ceased January 2016 - GWX control panel installed and running - MB standard paid subscription software installed running and seems ok - AVG Zen free AV installed and running - Windows defender completely disabled.

TCB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jekko, no luck. Reinstalled, same message. Shut down, restarted computer, installed again: same old behaviour. I'm sure you guys will repair it....

(I see I'm not alone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Mine's fixed. Reinstall doesn't clear it.  Had to uninstall/reboot/reinstall to clear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John A is correct.

You need to do an uninstall, reboot if necessary, and then re-install to clear it.  I tested this on my end to make sure.

Sorry about the inconvenience everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All:

Quote

"VERY IMPORTANT!!:  Please note that if you did NOT receive an upgrade prompt from within an earlier beta version, you must first uninstall any earlier BETA versions prior to installing BETA 8." -@bdubrow

 

HTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 1PW said:

VERY IMPORTANT!!:  Please note that if you did NOT receive an upgrade prompt from within an earlier beta version, you must first uninstall any earlier BETA versions prior to installing BETA 8." -@bdubrow

 

But I did receive an upgrade prompt... OK, I will Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AdamKertesz said:

Jekko, no luck. Reinstalled, same message. Shut down, restarted computer, installed again: same old behaviour. I'm sure you guys will repair it....

(I see I'm not alone)

Did you Uninstall it first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John A said:

Did you Uninstall it first?

No, at that time I did not uninstall. Now, I have uninstalled it (standard way, thru Control Panel), restarted computer, reinstalled mbar and it's OK. I do hope that when it becomes a finalized product, we wouldn't have to jump so many hoops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nature of beta testing is that we should expect to have to cope with a few unusual issues.

6 minutes ago, AdamKertesz said:

No, at that time I did not uninstall. Now, I have uninstalled it (standard way, thru Control Panel), restarted computer, reinstalled mbar and it's OK. I do hope that when it becomes a finalized product, we wouldn't have to jump so many hoops.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all

I had the same problem described in this thread.
 
Now If it helps..
 
1 hour ago, John A said:

Mine's fixed. Reinstall doesn't clear it.  Had to uninstall/reboot/reinstall to clear it.

 

1 hour ago, Jekko said:

John A is correct.

You need to do an uninstall, reboot if necessary, and then re-install to clear it.  I tested this on my end to make sure.

 

This solution works for me at least for the moment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello yuvalg9 and :welcome:

Please briefly summarize the issue with MBARW Beta8 as it pertains to only your system, then please post the archives as requested below.

Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following, separate, .zip (not .7z or .rar) archive files for MBARW developer team analysis:

                                 "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\"
                                 "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\"
                                 "C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\"

Please attach the .zip archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

Edited by 1PW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be only one resolution to this issue. Uninstall the existing program version, ensuring this folder has been deleted during the uninstall (it should be by the uninstaller, but make sure it is):

  "C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\"

Then reinstall the program.

This has worked in our testing, and others here in this topic have confirmed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi baskon. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for Beta testing. The uninstall and reinstall should resolve the issue of repeat notification of an impending program update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since yesterday, I also met this trouble. My first attempt was to uninstall the program (MBARW) via one software (such as GeekUninstaller v1.4.0.90_x64) and the force way didn't work... The processus MBARW was still running and it wasn't removed until I reboot the PC.

After I had reinstalled MBARW (v.0.9.17.661 the Beta 8) and the trouble was again there... So I try again to reinstall it (usual not forced). Then I had configure my firewall to block it and apparently, until now, it's gone. And I didn't have to reactivate MBARW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2016 at 10:02 AM, Gryenwold said:

Since yesterday, I also met this trouble. My first attempt was to uninstall the program (MBARW) via one software (such as GeekUninstaller v1.4.0.90_x64) and the force way didn't work... The processus MBARW was still running and it wasn't removed until I reboot the PC.

After I had reinstalled MBARW (v.0.9.17.661 the Beta 8) and the trouble was again there... So I try again to reinstall it (usual not forced). Then I had configure my firewall to block it and apparently, until now, it's gone. And I didn't have to reactivate MBARW.

If you use our the installer from Anti-Ransomware, it will remove the files that are causing this issue to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.