JRT hard running

when I ran JRT . I notice an weird message in the cmd screen of JRT and while the JRT had a hard running it take a long time to done the scan !

the message is :

c:\users\user name\Appdata\Local\Temp\jrt\SED.DAT: -e express #1, char 42: bad escape

and also note that JRT tool is able to kill some of anti-virus program and unable to kill some during cleanup !

Edited by Gt-truth

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. It's recommended to exit out of anti-virus programs prior to running JRT as they do often conflict with each other.

Regarding this error message, do you know at which part of the scan this error message happens occurs? e.g. Shortcuts

Does it occur consistently?

8 hours ago, thisisu said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. It's recommended to exit out of anti-virus programs prior to running JRT as they do often conflict with each other.

Regarding this error message, do you know at which part of the scan this error message happens occurs? e.g. Shortcuts

Does it occur consistently?

Hi thisisu

yeah it happens between services and filesystem scan !

if you need a screenshot for the error just let me know !

and first time I get this error .... only 1 time I get this error.... do you want me to ran JRT again ? thanks :P

Edited by Gt-truth

Hey, so I was just reading on this topic...

When you said that " JRT tool is able to kill some of anti-virus program and unable to kill some during cleanup", did you mean that JRT closes out an antivirus' scanning or that it uninstalls/deletes/removes the antivirus from your system. I'm mostly concerned because I was able to run JRT before while scanning alongside Webroot and Kaspersky before. And also I tried a scan last night and my JRT scan froze. 

Edited by windrider711
Better structure

37 minutes ago, windrider711 said:

Hey, so I was just reading on this topic...

When you said that " JRT tool is able to kill some of anti-virus program and unable to kill some during cleanup", did you mean that JRT closes out an antivirus' scanning or that it uninstalls/deletes/removes the antivirus from your system. I'm mostly concerned because I was able to run JRT before while scanning alongside Webroot and Kaspersky before. And also I tried a scan last night and my JRT scan froze. 

yeah . JRT Usually to close/shutdown any startup programs during the scan and if you notice the text of JRT cmd windows then you’ll see what text was in JRT and it will be look like this one ! just open the JRT tool here the text

the program will terminate most application during cleanup 

almost that’s what I notice and there’s some of anti-virus software that JRT can’t kill/terminated them during the scan and @thisisu can Correct me if I'm wrong !

also note that JRT is only kill/terminated the start-up programs during the scan and cleanup but not to remove or uninstall an anti-virus ! also some of anti-virus is already block JRT so in some case JRT tool won’t open or even to run so in my case I had to shutdown my anti-virus to run and use JRT ! have a look here at my topic

Edited by Gt-truth

On 10/27/2016 at 5:41 AM, Gt-truth said:

Hi thisisu

yeah it happens between services and filesystem scan !

if you need a screenshot for the error just let me know !

and first time I get this error .... only 1 time I get this error.... do you want me to ran JRT again ? thanks :P

Thanks for additional information. We'll look into it and see if we can reproduce the error. No need to JRT again, thanks though.