PLZ HELP: Malware has taken over my laptop

Hello forum experts - I am dire need of help...please help me resolve this issue...

I have a Asus Zenbook UX305 running windows 10. I got infecteed with some really bad malware/virus yesterday. I didnt realise what was happening until today when I cant do anything with my laptop.

I first tried to do a scan with windows defender...it couldnt do anything. I then installed Malwarebytes - the scan ran - detected 2000 threats - quarantined it all - asked me restart to finsh the cleaning process - once I retstarted I could get to the initail log in screen where I enter my password - i do that and then it accepts the password and then a blank screen apprears - i can see the cursor but nothing happens -

I tried a few things - restarting and going into boot menu - nothing helped - then I did ctrl+alt+del at the blanks creen and started the task manager - here i ran explorer.exe - lo and behold my desktop came back - BUTT - only for a few seconds till I got this screen attached below.

I cant do anything once I get this screen! Please pelase someone help me!

20161023_200652.jpg

Hello die_malware_die and welcome to Malwarebytes,

My name is kevinf80, i`m here to help you.. see if you can do the following:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

save it to a USB flash drive. Ensure to get the correct version for your system, 32 bit or 64 bit...

Next,

Hold down the Shift key and boot your laptop. Windows should open to the "Choose an Option" window....

From that window select "Troubleshoot" from the next window select "Command Prompt" ensure to plug the flash drive into an open USB port...

Continue with the following:

• In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst64 or e:\frst depending on your version. Press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Thanks,

Kevin...

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. 

I could download the FRS tool and put in on a USB key. when I tried to boot my infected laptop by holding down the shift key...nothing happens...I mean it doesnt go into the option you listed...it still boots up to the normal welcome/login screen for me. is there anything else I could do? or am I doomed :(

When I boot up I can get till the login screen where I put in my passowrd to login. After that passowrd is accepted and it appears that my desktop will be show up next - nothing shows up - a blank screen with the cursor - then  I can do ctrl+alt+del at the blank screen and start the task manager - here i  can run explorer.exe - lo and behold my desktop comes back - BUTT - only for a few seconds till I get this screen attached above.

When at the login screen look to bottom right corner, the power option should be there. Click on that option, from the options use "Restart" before you select that option hold down the shift key, keep that down until "Choose an Option" window opens.. from there follow the instructions listed in reply ID #2

Edited by kevinf80

Hi Kevin....Sorry for the delay in responding...my laptop wasn't even starting until last night and I didnt have a spare PC to post from.

A friend of mine somehow got into safe mode and did a restore to 2 weeks back. The laptop seems to be working now but it does not feel as fast as before and for whatever reason the battery is lasting for only half the time as before.

Can I still run the  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool  and post the log here? would it help in doiagnosing what maybe wroing with my laptop.

I have also downloaded and installed MBAM and run a full scan.

Can you post the log from Malwarebytes, also run the following:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
  • Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Let me see those logs....

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!