DVDVIDEOSOFT Free Video Call Recorder for Skype

DamCar

Hi, I have been using Malwarbytes on my Windows 10 64 bit Laptop for nearly a year and DVDVIDEOSOFT "Free Video Call Recorder for Skype" has also been installed for the same amount of time. I do a weekly Malware check and it was only since last week that DVDVIDEOSOFT "Free Video Call Recorder for Skype" is being flagged as PUP. I installed the program, so I think it is OK. But has this program recently been declared "unsafe"? Up to now it has never caused me any problems. I have attached a txt file of the scan results. thanks for any comments and suggestions. DamCar.

DVDVideoSoft_PUP.txt

Hello DamCar, :welcome:

Thank you for using our forums!!  From our research, of your log submitted, we have found that based on the following criteria www.malwarebytes.com/pup it is correctly being detected.  To ensure that the criteria we have created is prevalent to our policy we follow guidelines. you can read our official statement here: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2016/10/malwarebytes-gets-tougher-on-pups/

However, to prevent Malwarebytes from detecting it if you wish to keep the program, you can 'allow it' once a scan has been completed and it will no longer be detected.  If you should need assistance with this, you can contact our support department and we will be happy to walk you through allowing it from being flagged.

While we work extremely hard to prevent identifying something that should not be, there are occasion’s this may be true.  Should you feel the program does not match the, please provide the files for us so we can ensure it does not match the policy regarding P.U.P. software.  

If you are the developer of the application being flagged, or you have since fixed or changed the offending criteria;  We ask that you please submit an application for reconsideration, please email legal@malwarebytes.com and they will be happy to assist you further.

Perry