Jump to content

pls help me Unable to Access Update Server


Recommended Posts

  • Root Admin

Please restart the computer first and then run the following steps and post back the logs when ready.

STEP 01
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

  • Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
  • Right click over JRT.exe and select Run as administrator on Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click on XP.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply message
  • When completed make sure to re-enable your antivirus

STEP 02
Let's clean out any adware now: (this will require a reboot so save all your work)

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • When it's done, you'll see: Pending: Please uncheck elements you don't want to be removed.
  • Now click on the Report button and a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • Look at the log especially under Files/Folders for any program you want to save.
  • If there's a program you may want to save, just uncheck it from AdwCleaner.
  • If you're not sure, post the log for review. (all items found are adware/spyware/foistware)
  • If you're ready to clean it all up, click the Clean button.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
  • Items that are deleted are moved to the Quarantine Folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine
  • To restore an item that has been deleted:
  • Go to Tools > Quarantine Manager > check what you want to be restored > now click on Restore.

STEP 03
Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.
 

  • Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View Log file (bottom left-hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
  • Click Exit to close the program
  • If no threats were found, please confirm that result.

STEP 04
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Very unlikely there was any virus. There has not been any new viruses seen in the wild since probably 2012. Almost everything now days are Trojans.

Up to you but I'd highly suggest letting me help you finish checking and fixing the computer. Please post back the logs.

Thank you

Ron

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Very unlikely there was any virus. There has not been any new viruses seen in the wild since probably 2012. Almost everything now days are Trojans.

Up to you but I'd highly suggest letting me help you finish checking and fixing the computer. Please post back the logs.

Thank you

Ron

 

 

Hello 

 

Thank you sir

I understand pls let me finish scan  STEP 03 it takes to much time after finish I'll upload the files thank you so much 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Very unlikely there was any virus. There has not been any new viruses seen in the wild since probably 2012. Almost everything now days are Trojans.

Up to you but I'd highly suggest letting me help you finish checking and fixing the computer. Please post back the logs.

Thank you

Ron

 

 

Hello thanks for you time

 

here're the files in step 3 it didn't find anything 

JRT.txt

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

التقاط.JPG

AdwCleaner[C0].txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

 

fixlist.txt

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

 

fixlist.txt

 

 

Hello

 

thanks for helping me until now :wub:

Fixlog.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Great, looks good.

How is the computer running now? Are there still any signs of an infection or trouble with updates?

 

 

 

 

yeah sir thank you very much for helping me 

 

but sometimes I have this problem it keep my mouse loading for no reason I don't know why it didn't happen before is that fine ?

65ffd605-9c03-484a-ab6b-e7d6ddd0e89f.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

It's probably due to some task that's running. Does it happen if most applications are closed? Does it only happen in one specific application? Does it happen every time?

 

 
  • Does it happen if most applications are closed?
  • No 
  •  Does it only happen in one specific application?
  • yes google chrome 
  •  Does it happen every time?
  • Yes

 

 

yes and there's a registry file every time I deleted it's back again when I finish the scan with adwcleaner .

 

 

AdwCleaner[C4].txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Please try the following and see if it helps.

 

I would like to reset Chrome back to defaults to completely clear out what is going on with Chrome.

You can keep your “Bookmarks” if you want to keep them, but you have to export them first – >> Export Bookmarks << – Everything else should be removed.

Then I need you to go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account.
Scroll down until you see the reset sync button and click on the button
At the prompt click on Ok.

.
Reset Your Browser Settings
.

  1. In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the “Chrome Menu” icon (Three horizontal lines)
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings…
  4. Scroll down until you see “Reset settings”, Then click on the button Reset Settings.
  5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

.
Close Chrome and restart it and check it out for me please

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please try the following and see if it helps.

 

I would like to reset Chrome back to defaults to completely clear out what is going on with Chrome.

You can keep your “Bookmarks” if you want to keep them, but you have to export them first – >> Export Bookmarks << – Everything else should be removed.

Then I need you to go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account.
Scroll down until you see the reset sync button and click on the button
At the prompt click on Ok.

.
Reset Your Browser Settings
.

  1. In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the “Chrome Menu” icon (Three horizontal lines)
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings…
  4. Scroll down until you see “Reset settings”, Then click on the button Reset Settings.
  5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

.
Close Chrome and restart it and check it out for me please

 

 

thank you very much sir it's fixed my problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

These apps are snake oil. Please be careful what you download. I would highly recommend that you uninstall it and stick with your current security software and read the information below to help prevent future issues.

 

At this time there are no more signs of an infection on your system.
However if you are still seeing any signs of an infection please let me know.

Let's go ahead and remove the tools and logs we've used during this process.

Most of the tools used are potentially dangerous to use unsupervised or if ran at the wrong time.
They are often updated daily so if you went to use them again in the future they would be outdated anyways.

The following procedures will implement some cleanup procedures to remove these tools.
 
bwebb7v.jpgDownload Delfix from here and save it to your desktop. (you may already have this)

  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is checked.
  • Click the Run button.
  • Reboot


Any other programs or logs that are still remaining, you can manually delete. (right click.....Delete)
IE: RogueKiller.exe, RKreport.txt, RK_Quarantine folder, C:\FRST folder, FRST-OlderVersion folder, MBAR folder, etc....AdwCleaner > just run the program and click uninstall.


 
If there are any other left over Folders, Files, Logs then you can delete them on your own.
 
Please visit the following link to see how to delete old System Restore Points. Please delete all of them and create a new one at this time.
How to Delete System Protection Restore Points in Windows 7 and Windows 8

Remove all but the most recent Restore Point on Windows XP


As Java seems to get exploited on a regular basis I advise not using Java if possible but to at least disable java in your web browsers
How do I disable Java in my web browser? - Disable Java

A lot of reading here but if you take the time to read a bit of it you'll see why/how infections and general damage are so easily inflicted on the computer. There is also advice on how to prevent it and keep the system working well. Don't forget about good, solid backups of your data to an external drive that is not connected except when backing up your data. If you leave a backup drive connected and you do get infected it can easily damage, encrypt, delete, or corrupt your backups as well and then you'd lose all data.
Nothing is 100% bulletproof but with a little bit of education you can certainly swing things in your favor.


If you're not currently using Malwarebytes Premium then you may want to consider purchasing the product which can also help greatly reduce the risk of a future infection.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

These apps are snake oil. Please be careful what you download. I would highly recommend that you uninstall it and stick with your current security software and read the information below to help prevent future issues.

 

At this time there are no more signs of an infection on your system.
However if you are still seeing any signs of an infection please let me know.

Let's go ahead and remove the tools and logs we've used during this process.

Most of the tools used are potentially dangerous to use unsupervised or if ran at the wrong time.
They are often updated daily so if you went to use them again in the future they would be outdated anyways.

The following procedures will implement some cleanup procedures to remove these tools.
 
bwebb7v.jpgDownload Delfix from here and save it to your desktop. (you may already have this)

  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is checked.
  • Click the Run button.
  • Reboot


Any other programs or logs that are still remaining, you can manually delete. (right click.....Delete)
IE: RogueKiller.exe, RKreport.txt, RK_Quarantine folder, C:\FRST folder, FRST-OlderVersion folder, MBAR folder, etc....AdwCleaner > just run the program and click uninstall.


 
If there are any other left over Folders, Files, Logs then you can delete them on your own.
 
Please visit the following link to see how to delete old System Restore Points. Please delete all of them and create a new one at this time.
How to Delete System Protection Restore Points in Windows 7 and Windows 8

Remove all but the most recent Restore Point on Windows XP


As Java seems to get exploited on a regular basis I advise not using Java if possible but to at least disable java in your web browsers
How do I disable Java in my web browser? - Disable Java

A lot of reading here but if you take the time to read a bit of it you'll see why/how infections and general damage are so easily inflicted on the computer. There is also advice on how to prevent it and keep the system working well. Don't forget about good, solid backups of your data to an external drive that is not connected except when backing up your data. If you leave a backup drive connected and you do get infected it can easily damage, encrypt, delete, or corrupt your backups as well and then you'd lose all data.
Nothing is 100% bulletproof but with a little bit of education you can certainly swing things in your favor.


If you're not currently using Malwarebytes Premium then you may want to consider purchasing the product which can also help greatly reduce the risk of a future infection.

 

 
 

I'm really sorry to bother you a lot of questions but when I watching youtube I found something interested and I searched in google a lot of them said it's Youndoo-Elex virus and here is the screenshot 

pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just not understanding you. Are you saying you're still having some redirect issue or popup or something else? Above you said the fixes corrected your issue, now you're posting about unrelated software and youtube videos about stuff that I'm not sure what the correlation is with your system.

Please give me more details of what you're seeing or experiencing on your computer at this time.

Thank you again

Ron

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 8:39 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just not understanding you. Are you saying you're still having some redirect issue or popup or something else? Above you said the fixes corrected your issue, now you're posting about unrelated software and youtube videos about stuff that I'm not sure what the correlation is with your system.

Please give me more details of what you're seeing or experiencing on your computer at this time.

Thank you again

Ron

 

 
 
 

Hello Ron

 

I'm still facing the same problem can you please help me to fix it ?

 

every time I clean the virus from adwcleaner app it returns again and I try to uninstall google chrome and install again but no change every time I scan with adwcleaner it comes again 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.