3 PUP malware threats discovered - PLEASE HELP ME !

I did this malwarbytes scan two days ago, but was UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD the farbar scan as directed below, I just kept getting program is unresponsive....what do I do next ?  let me know,m thanks,  Susan

Posted Saturday at 06:16 PM · Report post

My PC started to act really lethargic and slow, so I ran the malwarebytes anti malware scan and found the following threats:

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 365419
Time Elapsed: 1 hr, 42 min, 26 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Warn
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 1
PUP.Optional.YourFileDownloader, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TASKS\{8EF08895-0EC2-4E5F-A91C-C6312062DF7A}, , [8ff9badfe1b9270f26449f2c5da535cb], 

Registry Values: 1
PUP.Optional.YourFileDownloader, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TASKS\{8EF08895-0EC2-4E5F-A91C-C6312062DF7A}|Path, \YourFile DownloaderUpdate, , [8ff9badfe1b9270f26449f2c5da535cb]

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 1
PUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlus, C:\Users\Ed and Sue\AppData\Local\SlimWare Utilities Inc, , [9deb702974266fc78e8735d233d2768a], 

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

I believe I put all three in quarantine and now need help to make my PC run faster again.  Your help is appreciated.  I await your instructions.  Sue

Firefox

• Forum Deity
  •  
  • Firefox
  • Trusted Advisors
  •  
  • 14,919 posts

ID: 2  Posted Saturday at 07:20 PM (edited) · Report post

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Since you are/were infected you need to seek help from the experts, simply follow the instructions below.

We are not permitted to review scan logs or work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this:  Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Edited Saturday at 07:27 PM by Firefox

something crazy is going on with this PROBLEM I am having...I just got a NOTICE from the ADMINISTRATOR THAT I AM POSTING TWO PROBLEMS....I AM JUST TRYING TO DO WHAT EVERYONE IS TELLING ME TO DO.....CAN YOU PLEASE STRAIGHTEN THIS ALL OUT ?  I CANNOT DOWNLOAD FARBAR..DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ?  PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, AND DELETE ANY DUPLICATE REQUEST....I AM VERY CONFUSED IN THAT I AM DOING EVERYTHING THAT "EVERYONE IS TELLING ME TO DO" ??  I AM RECEIVING INFO FROM "FIREFOX" AND THE "ADMINISTRATOR" AND FROM "DOUBLEHEADED EAGLE"....SO I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MY PROBLEM AND WHO IS WORKING ON IT....CAN YOU PLEASE JUST HELP ME AND GET EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE ??  JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO NEXT...I HAVE PROVIDED THE INITIAL SCAN AND KEEP TELLING ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN......I FOR SOME REASON CANNOT DOWNLOAD FARBAR...SO I NEED ANOTHER STRATEGY OR INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE SURE THAT I "CAN" DOWNLOAD FARBAR.   IS MY PC SO CORRUPT THAT THE DOWNLOAD IS UNABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED ?  THANKS FOR IMMEDIATE HELP FROM ONE OF THE THREE PARTIES AT MALWAREBYTES FORUM THAT IS TRYING TO HELP ME...REGARDS AND WAITING FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.....SUSAN

Dealing with an issue can become frustrating.... please take a deep breath, calm down a bit and slow down. Take one step at a time and if you don't understand or can't do what is asked of you just notify your helper as explained by @David H. Lipman in you other topic >>RIGHT HERE<< 

All your replies and questions need to be directed at your helper which is @TwinHeadedEagle not  "DOUBLEHEADED EAGLE" Twin (as we like to call him, will help you through the entire process in your open topic in the Malware Removal Area >>RIGHT HERE<<  <<<<<<------ that is where you need to be posting

I am having problems with this forum....i previously had instructions from one of the techs to run CHKDSK and some other instructions.....i think the list showed 7 or 8 responses....but NOT ABOVE.........BUT THAT CORRESPONDENCE has disappeared from my "edsueond" sign in, also NOTHING appears on my "srrsue" sign on...please re post those instructions, which again, did NOT come from doubleheaded eagle as I thought I was assigned to him ?  thank you for your kind response and directions going forward...Susan  thurs. 10/20/16 at 11:26 am edst