Windows Defender Issues

IanG

Hi All,

I've had a strange CMD pop up followed by a Windows Defender alert to malware. Ever since then windows defender is unable to start, When trying to run in services i get the following error: 

"Windows could not start the windows defender service on local computer error 14105: The size of the manifest exceeds the maximum allowed"

I've been reading some previous posts and in the hope someone can kindly help me I have completed the following steps and attached some logs: 

1. Run RKill (Rkill.txt Log Attached) 

2. Run MBAM (Including Rootkits) (MBAM.txt Log Attached)

3.  Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt & Addition.txt Logs Attached) 

Thanks! 

FRST.txt

MBAM.txt

Rkill.txt

Addition.txt

Hello IanG and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Run The AVG removal tool from here: http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities when complete reboot your system...

Next,

Run FRST one more time, ensure all boxes are checkmarked under "Whitelist" but only Addition.txt under "Optional scan" Select scan, when done post the new logs. "FRST.txt" and "Addition.txt"

Thank you,

Kevin...

Thanks for those logs, continue please:

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.

If your security alerts to this scan either accept the alert or turn off your security to allow Sophos to run and complete.....

• Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
  • Click Exit to close the program
  • If no threats were found please confirm that result....

Post those logs, also check to see if Defeneder will turn on....

Thank you,

Kevin...

Fixlist.txt

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!