Anti-Malware v2.3.173.0 is not executed and exploits

Hi LordHook :)

This could be caused by the fact that your CPU doesn't support SSE2 instructions (only SSE). Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and reinstall it using the installer in the thread below, then let us know if it works or not.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/170731-0xc000001d-error-failed-to-initialize/

By installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.2.1.1043 and applying the above-mentioned patch (Malwarebytes_2.1.8_SSE2_Hotfix), the application works again.

My machine: AMD Athlon XP 1600+, Windows XP SP3 POSReady 2009.

You are right, the unavailable SSE2's instruction set are the cause of the issue.

By the way, is a coincidence that since arrival of Visual  Studio 2015, the SSE2's instruction set  issues appear, perhaps now is an option by default when creating new projects.

Thank you very much for your support.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I just wondered if the SSE2 Hotfix and/or special installer is still available anywhere. I have read all the old posts from others with processor compatibility problems and tried all the links; but none seem to be working. I am trying to install the latest version that will work on an old Pentium 3 machine with XP SP3.

Any help would be much appreciated.