Has Hurricane Mathew effected response times?

Has Malwarebytes support been effected by Hurricane Mathew, should I expect delays in response?

I was assigned a technician but have had no response since a few days ago from my last reply, my hard drive crashed after running junk removal tool. I had to format the hard drive and reload Windows, I went back to Windows 7pro from Windows 10pro as Windows10pro was an upgrade and I had no disk to reload from.

When re-installing Malwarebytes anti-malware which had been working up until my drive crashed I found that registration wouldn't accept the purchased key, on going through support I was assigned Aimee who sent me the following info

To activate your ID and Key:

1. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  2. Click Activate located at the top right of the application
  3. Click “I also have an ID”, and enter your ID
  4. Enter the Key into the Key box
  5. Click the Activate button to activate your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware license.
    Note: If you see “My Account” at the top right of the application, click “My Account” and see if this information matches your license.

After several tries of the above I keep getting

registration.PNG?dl=0

It would seem that all that was required was a counter reset at Malwarebytes registration

I replied back but have heard back nothing for a few days. So I wonder if Hurricane Mathew is responsible.

Thanks Ron , I used another email address for Registration

I now have Phil assisting me in this morning's email.

It would appear that I have a 'lifetime license unlimited for home use' 

which now appears to have been regressed to a limit of activation's

licence, since yearly subscriptions have been introduced. 

3 hours ago, minder12 said:

Additional:

I wonder if other members could give their opinions of what they think a 'lifetime license'  means?

Here is some info that may answer your question:

How long is my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware license valid for?

How many computers may I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on?

Basically, you have a lifetime license as you mentioned above, and it is good for your lifetime (unlike you are no longer alive).  A lifetime license can only be installed and activated on ONE computer at any given time.  You can however transfer it from one computer to another.

How do I transfer my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware license to a different computer?

@KenW  I thought that as well when I bought the lifetime license years ago, but my PC has went down many times since then despite Malwarebytes and Anti-virus protections, the hard drive has had to be formated  and the programs re-installed, and Malwarbytes worked every time it was re-installed, but last week was different I got the above notice, it would seem that they are determined to get rid of the previous lifetime licenses that were sold by invoking the registration counter for installs as it is not now taking into account lifetime registration but 4 strikes and your out.  Still waiting for Phil to get back to me or maybe some new adviser will get elected to see to the ticket.

5 minutes ago, minder12 said:

but my PC has went down many times since then despite Malwarebytes and Anti-virus protections, the hard drive has had to be formated  and the programs re-installed

If all possible before you format de activate MBAM first to avoid these issues.

@minder12, with the new activation servers in place, they can now keep track of how many times MBAM has been installed and on how many computers.

This had to be done, as some folks were installing a 1PC Lifetime license on several computers.  They can not keep track of such activations and can now block and/or not allow any more activations with on ID and KEY.  Unfortunately as in your case, with multiple formats, this can lead to the same issue.  As @Porthos has mentioned its best to de-active the software first to avoid this issue next time.  Rest assured, that once the folks verify your license info they will reset the activation and you will have your lifetime license back., they will continue to honor you license.

@Porthos  it wasn't possible, as it had to go into windows recovery and that didn't work so a re-install of Windows was the only solution

in fact I have a video of the upset that led up to the crash https://youtu.be/GFtdTx3t4uQ

I used  HitmanPro to deleted the cookies run a scan and close the browser as the browser wouldn't exit

after that I used the Malwarebytes  junkware removal tool. 

that's when the problem started ... I couldn't reload windows.

and later I couldn't register Malwarebytes anti-malware.

That site is also now blocked by MBAM web protection.

I would not have gone to the JRT tool for that issue. MBAM and your AV scan would be all I do. Also I would have used Ccleaner to clean the temp files and I would have been done.

Edited by Porthos