MBAM's database update server has been down for 12 days

• Root Admin

Make sure you're logged on with an account that has Admin rights. Then quit MBAM and wait a few seconds. Then verify you can ping that name again. 

Then right click over MBAM and select "Run as administrator" and check for updates again and let me know how it goes please.

The account I always run under IS an administrator account. I exited MBAM for a minute and relaunched it, but I still couldn't access MBAM's update server.

Couldn't the problem simply be that MBAM's update server is down?  Why else would there suddenly be multiple people having this same problem?

ping mbam 2016-10-03 1.jpg

• Root Admin

If it were down you would not be able to ping it.

We have over 10 million users on the Premium version and many more times that amount on the free version. If the update servers were actually down we would be bombarded with thousand and thousands of topics and helpdesk tickets about it. We have at most a handful here on the forums.

Let me get some logs to see what's going on with the computer please.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you