New ToS/ToU ( aka Guidelines )

I vehemently contest the following in the Guidelines/ToU/ToS

Image1.jpg

We, the forum members, have no business relationship with Invision and as such we, the forum members, have no such agreement with Invision.

Invision is Malwarebytes' agent and contractor.  Therefore Invision falls under Malwarebytes' agreements and Invision can not have a separate Privacy Policy. 

One can easily extrapolate that if Invision software is on 1,000 web forums, Invision does not have the right of access to each forum's member's accounts and have their own Privacy Agreement ( or lack thereof ) on each of those 1,000 web forums.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Another 3 months months have passed and we are in a new yera.  More than enough time has been given on this issue. 

It is now time to remove the Invision contractor;s privacy policy from this forum.  As a Malwarebytes' contractor Invision falls under the umbrella of Malwarebytes' policies and they do not have the rights or privilege to be elevated to the level of having their Privacy Policy gratuitously added to this Forum and forced upon this Forum's members.

• Staff

While I have no authoritative or definitive answers for you, I do know that one of the reasons it was important for us to include Invision's privacy policy was because they do in fact use cookies and telemetry of their own on all of the forums running their software (including ours), so we needed to ensure that users were aware of their privacy policy since it impacts them when using our forums, so knowing how Invision handles user data is important for concerned users to be aware of.

As for individual account access, I really do not know for certain, though I don't believe they have such access (beyond the same level any normal user/guest would have, anyway).  I could be wrong on that point as I don't know a lot about the backend and inner workings of the admin control panel etc., but I believe you need to be an administrator on this forum to access such info, including having a valid admin account and password to access it, with inclusion in that group being exclusively determined by us (Malwarebytes), not Invision and as far as I know, they have no such accounts/access on these forums, though again, I could be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 9:35 PM, exile360 said:

As for individual account access, I really do not know for certain, though I don't believe they have such access (beyond the same level any normal user/guest would have, anyway).

I have waited for this moment...

image1.jpg.69b18f0fc03b701ba9d1be7db697e3f0.jpg

I do NOT come here for Invision.  I am here for Malwarebytes and the anti malware mission.  I find Invision's hubris absurd and I do not and I will not agree to abide by their policies nor do I or will I accept any of their separate provisions.

Once again I state that as a contractor to Malwarebytes, Invision falls under Malwarebytes set of policies and they do not have the right to have their own policies "here".

Please remove that ludicrous addition of Invision's policy to this Forum forthwith.

Thank you for taking time to properly respect the members of this Forum and hold that respect above that of Malwarebytes' contractor, Invision.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi @David H. Lipman,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

We reached out to legal team about your request. After their assessment, they determined that as we use IPS as our forum provider, we are required to pass through IPS's privacy policy. Accordingly, consenting to IPS's privacy policy is a requirement for usage of the Malwarebytes forum.

If you would like to discuss this further with our legal team, please PM me and I will connect you.

Thanks,
Cecile

• 2 months later...