Weird JRT Issues

I ran JRT 8.0.8 recently and was shocked when it vanished from the screen in the middle of a scan!  I was able to get it to finish a scan by opening the program again, but then my next weird issue happened:  it didn't empty out the Content.IE5 folders like it used to!  I tried downloading another copy and running it, but it still makes no reference to them.  Which is odd, because I ran 8.0.8 not long after it came out and it emptied those temporary files without issue. 

I'm having this issue on a Windows 7 desktop.  I ran a bunch of other scans (ESET, Malwarebytes, etc.) and haven't found any indication of this being due to an infection so far.  So what's going on and how do I fix it?  Although JRT hasn't repeated its disappearing act, I'm still curious as to what happened.

I've been test running JRT over the past few days.  Although it emptied out the Content.IE5 folders after one scan, it pulled the same disappearing act when I tried testing it again a day later!  I couldn't find any sign of it in Task Manager's process list and am baffled by this behavior.  Is there something I should be looking for if I run Process Monitor the next time this happens?

• Staff

Hello and sorry for the late response on this.

This is not something we have experienced. We could use additional information in order to troubleshoot something like this.

• At which stage of the scan does JRT close on its own? e.g. "File System"
  • What other programs do you have open?
  • How often are you running JRT?

As for your first concern regarding the Content.IE5 folders not being emptied, I suspect it is because they were previously deleted. They repopulate over time as you browse the internet.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm not 100% sure when JRT closes by itself, but I think it was when it got to "Shortcuts."  I'll keep testing and let you know if it vanishes at some other stage.  I don't have any other programs open and I usually only run JRT once or twice a week.  Obviously that number went up as I try to figure out what's going on.