Gt-truth

JRT an error message while I try to open

hi

I got an error message of JRT while I try to open it and use it ....

Junkware ramoval tool : error

error during execution ""C:user\name\appdata\local\temp\jrt\get.bat""
Access is denied.

Current version of JRT that I have is 8.0.7 I think

Edited by mrdodrop
some info for JRT version was added

Are you running JRT with Admin Rights (right-click on JRT.txt, and select Run as Administrator)?

8 minutes ago, Aura said:

Are you running JRT with Admin Rights (right-click on JRT.txt, and select Run as Administrator)?

yeah . I do

JRT txt ? you mean JRT exe ?

Edited by mrdodrop

JRT.exe, my bad, yes. Where you able to run JRT without any issue before? Are you running it under a normal boot, or safe boot?

I have run JRT just now in normal mode and I got that error

and also I have to run JRT tool just before in the normal mode and it is ok no issue but now I have an issue

Edited by mrdodrop

Did you do any operation that would have affected your system between the last time you ran JRT, and now?

Which Antivirus did you install? If you disable it, are you able to run JRT?

even with I do exit of that anti-virus but still the same error !

I am unable to run the tool even with killing "all of my program’s presses" so what I should to do ?

CpWz_23721.png

Edited by mrdodrop
edited the post and add one screenshot

Hello,

Have you already tried downloading a new copy of JRT.exe? I haven't heard of Twister AV before, are you sure you don't have any other security applications that may be preventing JRT from opening? Try running JRT in Safe Mode, this way I have a better idea if it's something else running in Normal Mode causing the issue.

Edited by thisisu

5 hours ago, thisisu said:

Hello,

Have you already tried downloading a new copy of JRT.exe?

Hi @thisisu

no. not yet !

5 hours ago, thisisu said:

Hello,

I haven't heard of Twister AV before, are you sure you don't have any other security applications that may be preventing JRT from opening? Try running JRT in Safe Mode, this way I have a better idea if it's something else running in Normal Mode causing the issue.

yes me too first use of Twister anti-virus ! and yeah I have only one anti-virus software installed alongside with MBAM free version and superantispyware and Removal Tool with a newly installed security software like as Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware and Crystal Security and Twister Antivirus .....

and I just run JRT in the safe mode and that is ok no problem so it may Twister Antivirus is getting in the way ?

anyway I have to go into normal mode and run JRT once again and A smell window of Twister Antivirus get popes-up and it block something as if they consider and block JRT as a virus ?

btw :I see no malwarebytes company name in their detection ! :D

CpWz_23724.png

CpWz_23723.png

Edited by Gt-truth
edited the post and add 2 screenshot

19 hours ago, Gt-truth said:

Hi @thisisu

and I just run JRT in the safe mode and that is ok no problem so it may Twister Antivirus is getting in the way ?

Correct, Twister is wanting to quarantine JRT's script/.bat file which doesn't have a company name. You should be able to use the "Trust" link to allow JRT to run.

The second screenshot with ZHPCleaner is not related to JRT. I suspect this is another false detection though if it's ZHPCleaner by Nicolas. You can Trust that one too if you did download it from his site - https://www.nicolascoolman.com/download/zhpcleaner/

On 9/27/2016 at 11:14 AM, thisisu said:

Correct, Twister is wanting to quarantine JRT's script/.bat file which doesn't have a company name. You should be able to use the "Trust" link to allow JRT to run.

The second screenshot with ZHPCleaner is not related to JRT. I suspect this is another false detection though if it's ZHPCleaner by Nicolas. You can Trust that one too if you did download it from his site - https://www.nicolascoolman.com/download/zhpcleaner/

yes I know that and  I always do download it from their website ! and I had click on "Trust" link and that it seems resolve the problem ! :D

will . Twister anti-virus had no Malware definitions since two days, so I should be concerned about ? (last software update was in 2014) ?! so should I remove it or no ?

thanks for let me your idea .

Edited by Gt-truth

Considering the fact that neither thisiu nor me have heard of Twister Anti-virus (I might have heard about it, a loooong time ago though), I would uninstall it and go with a more popular one: one that proved to be efficient, is actively maintained and updated as well.

On a side note, you seem to be testing a lot of unknown/lesser popular security software. In the future, it would be good to disable them before attempting to run JRT as they can interfere easily with it.

Hi Aura

I have no idea way they is flag JRT this is the first time I saw an anti-virus to flagged the junk ware removal tool in that way ! and thanks for your good tips .. my problem is now resolved ~ :) ! this topic now can be locked ! :P thanks !

Hi All. I used MWB JRT twice within 30 mins. The 1 st time, no problem. The 2nd time I got the error message, even when logged in as Administrator. So I went into Safe Mode and it worked fine the 2nd time. Can't understand why this happened within a mere 30 minuites.