Jump to content

RE: 2014 Forum Datta Breach --No Notification from MB !!!!!


Recommended Posts

I will confirm that not only were me notified, Malwarebytes reset our accounts.

I remember the event very well as I was one of those who reported the possibility of the breach to the Forum Administrator.

You are jumping to a faux conclusion.

EDIT:

Reference:  Pwned?

Edited by David H. Lipman
Link to post
Share on other sites

"How to check if you've been hacked...

One to try is Have I Been Pwned [ https://haveibeenpwned.com/ ], from security researcher Troy Hunt. Simply drop your email address or login name into the box and hit enter to see if your details are listed from breaches of 142 websites...."

http://www.itpro.co.uk/security/27290/how-to-check-if-youve-been-hacked

Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem.

Being in a breach is a PITA.  I have been in some really nasty ones that included this one.  The site referenced also showed I was a party to an Adobe breach which I knew about but that site verified it.

I have been provided an all inclusive, paid-for, monitoring which is current subsequent to one such breach.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"How to check if you've been hacked...

One to try is Have I Been Pwned [ https://haveibeenpwned.com/ ], from security researcher Troy Hunt. Simply drop your email address or login name into the box and hit enter to see if your details are listed from breaches of 142 websites...."

http://www.itpro.co.uk/security/27290/how-to-check-if-youve-been-hacked

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yahoo! just admitted they were compromised in 2014 where 500 Million accounts were affected.  Surprisingly, they are JUST admitting to it now.  The site referenced has no information on that Yahoo! breach.

I knew there was a breach based associated events which lead me to believe that there was indeed a breach.

 

Edited by David H. Lipman
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, David H. Lipman said:

Yahoo! just admitted they were compromised in 2014 where 500 Million accounts were affected.  Surprisingly, they are JUST admitting to it now.  The site referenced has no information on that Yahoo! breach.

I knew there was a breach based associated events which lead me to believe that there was indeed a breach.

 

Yahoo claims to have discovered the breach two months ago. Yeah-it's astounding they just learned of it and they are being raked for delaying reporting it two months after the fact. They did not even disclose it to their Acquirer Verizon, who is/was paying millions for Yahoo's major asset, it's customer database that was available for $1,800 on the dark net (that dark net site stopped being accessible due to a DDos attack sometime after the breach was discovered.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Yahoo! just admitted they were compromised in 2014 where 500 Million accounts were affected.  Surprisingly, they are JUST admitting to it now.  The site referenced has no information on that Yahoo! breach.

I knew there was a breach based associated events which lead me to believe that there was indeed a breach.

 

It is too soon to reasonably expect that the huge Yahoo database would have been become part of Pwned''s database.

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

I will confirm that not only were me notified, Malwarebytes reset our accounts.

I remember the event very well as I was one of those who reported the possibility of the breach to the Forum Administrator.

You are jumping to a faux conclusion.

EDIT:

Reference:  Pwned?

 

I'll be damned. I found the Email From Malwarebytes for the Password Reset dated Nov. 21, 2014. I had overlooked it and never reset my PW. Doh.

 

My sincerest of apologies are offerred to Malwarebytes.

 

MODS PLEASE DFELETE THIS THREAD AT YOUR PLEASURE.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
21 minutes ago, hawki321 said:

 

I'll be damned. I found the Email From Malwarebytes for the Password Reset dated Nov. 21, 2014. I had overlooked it and never reset my PW. Doh.

 

My sincerest of apologies are offerred to Malwarebytes.

 

MODS PLEASE DFELETE THIS THREAD AT YOUR PLEASURE.

No worries! We always welcome the dialogue. Mind if I lock this now since it's resolved?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.